icon

mtx or kicker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
Looking for opinions on the mtx te1501d and the mtx ta81001 Also would you go with kicker or mtx for subs around 400 each.
Reeceddogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
On another note, what subs would you get for 400 a piece that are sq.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
How about for $316 a PAIR, SHIPPED?!?!? That'll leave you $484 for installation, wire, parts, damping, and maybe a little bit of an upgrade to your amplifier!
The TCSounds drivers are FANTASTIC sound quality woofers, AND will play loud! Check the TC1000 line, VERY inexpensive for the performance, I rate the bang-for-the-buck around 11, on a scale of one to ten!
I rave about these drivers so much, because they truly ARE fantastic drivers for the money. They work well in small sealed and medium (DEEP tuned) vented enclosures. They are worth looking into!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Reeceddogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
How do i get these. And how would they perform on my mtx thunder elite 1501d? i forgot to mention that my box will be sealed.
Reeceddogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
I found there site but they are out of stock. Also there specs are confusing. One place on the product page will say 650 rms, and another will stay250-1000 rms.
sqsq 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
Listen to Haemphyst on those tc-1000's.  I was a little skeptical at first but figured I'd give it a try (single 10" for me) and there's no doubt about it--it is a fantastic subwoofer.  Granted I haven't heard a JL W7 in action but I have heard numerous kicker, mtx, audiobahn, soundstream, alpine, and rockford subs and in terms of sound quality the tc-1000 is by far better than all of the aforementioned (better in every meaningul SQ way; it plays cleaner, smoother, deeper and with greater detail and accuracy).  If you're looking for SQ you really can't go wrong with these subs.  And since the reccomended RMS wattage is 400 watts--your amp would be perfect for two 4 ohm single-voice-coil 10's. 
Reeceddogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not doubting the sub, if there's anyone opinions i value it's his. I want to know from him how this amp will work with these subs.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you see the TC 1000's out of stock? All sizes and svc and dvc are in stock on their website.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
That amp will be just fine. Get the SVC 4 ohm versions, wire them in parallel, you'll be right in the ballpark... 400 is what they recommend to be safe, (and quite honestly where I would START with the power band) but I have seen 600 watt amplifiers HARD clip into them an they'll take it all... 1kW is NOT out of the realm of possibilites, but enclosure at those power levels becomes paramount.
I don't know if you were able to find the website, but here it is, direct to the 1000 page. Try em, you'll love em!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic