icon

remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fst100 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
yea im thinking i fried the brain. how, i dont know. again when i looked at it, there were no signs of it being wet. my car's a 98, the PK3 Bypass was not installed into the grand prix's until 99+ IIRC. i am trying/planning on getting another brain via ebay but the viper 160XV is out of date and harder to find anymore at a decent price. i bought the viper 160xv via ebay, so the items prolly not warrantied. i'll plan on testing the wires out at the ground, constant, and other wires running out of the brain, i cant plug ALL the wires in at the same time-else the brain would crank the starter all day long til either starter dies/battery dies/i unplug it.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

Do you hear the ignition "click" during remote start?  You should hear several clicks during a r/s attempt, one of which is the internal ignition relay, the other of which is the starter relay.

The search function is your friend.
fst100 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
no i dont hear the ignition clicking nor the fuel pump priming itself like b4. when it was actually working, whenever i pushed the key pad to have the r/s come one, i'd hear the fuel pump prime, then the starter cranks and instantly the car ignites and runs. here's a link to a vid i made for my exhaust sound.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1238815356
fst100 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
i opened the brain and saw that on the top porttion(opposite the adapter harnesses plug into) that they were fried. dunno how that happened?
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2007 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
at least it was only the brain and not the whole car. yeah you can get the 33+ at lowes. good luck
My rifle is my friend...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic