icon

viper 5900 problem, 99 eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
My car is in the shop right now and i did NOT give them the remote for my alarm. I have the 530T for my windows and now they are saying they cant get my windows to go up and that all the fuses are intact. I know they disconnected the battery so would that cause this? does the alarm need to be reset somehow? if not what other problems could i look for?
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

Is the child safety lock on?

Did they check the 20A fuses to the 530t module itself? Do they know where that module was installed?

There is a (-) input connection and a ground-when-armed (-) connection to that module, and i'm not seeing how resetting the alarm brain (presumably by diconnecting the car battery) would affect these, and I'm not seeing why this would even affect door window switch operation/functionality. 

The search function is your friend.
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
no theres no child safety lock.. and i am kind of at a loss here myself, they said they checked all the fuses and i told them where they were all located... so the alarm itself should not be causing this problem is what ur telling me?
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
at this point, i don't think so
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
what all do you think i should have them check?
peterubers 
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of car do you have?

Is your car in the shop specifically for this reason? What are they repairing?

Why did they remove the battery?

Did the window system work flawlessly prior to you taking the car into the shop?

Could you give them your keyfob and determine if the keyfob works and if it re-initiates any window system?

creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
My car is having body work done (body kit) and yes it worked flawlessly before they took the battery terminal off... they took it off i guess just to be safe. I could take them the remote, but i dont think thats gonna change anything. The car is a 1999 eclipse.
peterubers 
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

it's really hard to say at this point what is going on.  I don't know if these guys are autobody guys/technicians/mechanics... but usually guys that do body work dont' necessarily do much alarm/aftermarket electronic work (some do, most don't). 

I'd first make sure the alarm was working, reset it if necessary and reprogram keyfobs if necessary.

Then,

I'd go through each fuse systematically, and work my way to the wiring, testing major wires with a voltmeter.  Then i'd inspect the window modules and the driver's door window switch module.

I'd also make sure separate fuse 12volt power lines that may have been snagged at the battery terminals (such as for the alarm brain or for the window modules) are still attached to the positive battery terminal

creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i'll try that... but where does the 12volt source for the alarm brain usually connect?
peterubers 
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Usually the 12volt constant wire in the ignition harness is where most people tap into for power to the alarm/remote start brains.  For those doing more stealthy installs, they'll snag 12 volts straight off the battery and conceal the brain under the dash somewhere.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic