icon

viper 5900 problem, 99 eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I really cant see any of the wires coming loose... so aside from a popped fuse, what else could have happened? neither window will work even if you try to control it from the passenger side...
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

Well.... if you're assuming all the wiring is OK, and the fuses are OK .. then by pure logical, elimination you're basically saying the window module (DEI) is fried.

How, I dunno?

Why, who knows?

Have you been to your car yet at the shop, have you tried any of this for yourself?

The search function is your friend.
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
No i havent tried any of this for myself yet, i just wanted to know what was most likely to have happened before i dive in (if i have to)
now if the 530T module is fried would that stop the windows from working completely?
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure that car dotn have window lock out switch. also when going through the fuses put a meter to them dotn just look at them.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

Download and read this file, it'll help you when you investigate the wiring:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=333

(it's the 530t install manual, thanks to the12volt.com's wonderful download section)

The short of it is that your factory window motor wires are cut at various places to re-route through the 530t so that the 530t can control one touch up and down, and alarm triggers (-) signals to close or open the windows.  The factory wires are not in their native state after the install of the 530t.

The search function is your friend.
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
alright im still waiting to hear from my body shop im hoping they can figure it out... but if not i guess i'll start with seeing what the remote will do still. Thanks for the help peterubers!
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
OK i guess they fixed that, but now for some reason if the hood is popped and i arm the system the alarm starts going off right after i arm it... shouldnt it just bypass that zone if the hood was opened prior to me setting the alarm?
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
OK actually im just sitting here and my car alarm keeps going off every hour or so and showing that the hood was opened (LED flashing 6 times) is there something wrong with the hood pin or what? everything LOOKS ok... viper 5900 problem, 99 eclipse - Page 2 -- posted image.
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
anyone? viper 5900 problem, 99 eclipse - Page 2 -- posted image.
phonymike 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

what alarm do you have? you can check the hood pin switch wire at the brain. it should throw a ground when open, and nothing when closed. maybe the wire is pinched causing the brain to think it's always open. are there any other sensors on the car? maybe they're tied into the hood pin input, and causing the alarm to go off. I had my battery backup trigger tied to the hood pin switch, when the car cranked, it used the same power source as the battery backup and caused it to false trigger, which is the hood pin switch, causing remote start to fail every time. you can troubleshoot all the sensors or take it to whoever did the install and let them figure it out.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic