icon

’00 xterra, rs1000, wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
im sure there is nothing wrong with the stock system im talking about the ultrastart
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
swerks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
sorry autopage
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Depending how your harness is setup on the remote start side, perhaps you can manually energize each appropriate wire to test your connections from the remote start harness / alarm harness? As swerks mentioned, if you unplug your module and you cut your starter wire for the install for the starter interrupt functionality, leaving the module out will leave your starter circuit OPEN.
Apply 12volts to your MOTOR SIDE starter wire and see if the starter bumps. This will rule out the alarm/RS install entirely. Assuming you made all your connections, just jump them out on the alarm harness itself to save rewiring. If you get nothing, then start tracing your connections you made to the cut starter wire.
You mentioned you have two starer wires, so I am guessing you need to energize both of these... I'm unfamiliar with 2-wire start systems.
DanNEBTD 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
awdeclipse wrote:
Depending how your harness is setup on the remote start side, perhaps you can manually energize each appropriate wire to test your connections from the remote start harness / alarm harness? As swerks mentioned, if you unplug your module and you cut your starter wire for the install for the starter interrupt functionality, leaving the module out will leave your starter circuit OPEN.
Apply 12volts to your MOTOR SIDE starter wire and see if the starter bumps. This will rule out the alarm/RS install entirely. Assuming you made all your connections, just jump them out on the alarm harness itself to save rewiring. If you get nothing, then start tracing your connections you made to the cut starter wire.
You mentioned you have two starer wires, so I am guessing you need to energize both of these... I'm unfamiliar with 2-wire start systems.
Yes, I have disconnected the alarm from the brain, pulled out the fuses, and have tried reconnecting the splice where I cut for the starter kill. same thing happens. likewise when I have everything hooked up and I check the wire on the motor side of the cut while in the Crank position I still get 12V. . . Meaning the starter Kill relay is working as it should and is defaulting to closed loop when the alarm is not present.
And sorry for the confusion before. What I was trying to say is that I thought the stock alarm might have been armed and disabled the starter after the cut . . meaning all my readings would be good. I found out the stock alarm disconnects the ignition instead. I tried bypassing that and still nothing.
swerks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
have you applied 12v to the motor side with a jumper?
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
swerks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
which wires did you use for starter1 and starter 2?
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
DanNEBTD 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
I havent applied 12 volt direct to the starter side. . only by reconnecting the cut and testing the wire.
I am using the BLACK / YELLOW and GREEN/ YELLOW wires that come straight out of the back of the ignition. The primary starter wire is labeled as the starter on the back if the ignition and the secondary one is labeled "R" . . . The colors matched up to what was on here and 2 other lists I pulled so I didnt ask questions what "R" meant
DanNEBTD 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and I also double checked they were the right wires by looking at the pinout of the harness and compared it to the Haynes Manual one.
swerks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a BLACK/ grn at the switch my wire chart says that 2nd start can be GREEN/ YELLOW or blk/grn
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
DanNEBTD 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
I soldered connections onto all the wires that came out. . I soldered the second start on the blk/green wire but it changes to GREEN/ YELLOW after the first harness. I checked and it is putting out 12v at crank about 3 ft down the line when it is grn / YELLOW
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic