icon

’00 xterra, rs1000, wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
If you have manually energized both starter wires, reassembled any cut starter wires to eliminate a starter by-pass then I would start searching for a Vehicle side starter relay and or fuse. Mose engine related fuses and relays are under the hood, although they could be located elsewhere.
How is the battery voltage on the vehicle? Has the battery been drawn down too low during the install possibly?
DanNEBTD 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
awdeclipse wrote:
If you have manually energized both starter wires, reassembled any cut starter wires to eliminate a starter by-pass then I would start searching for a Vehicle side starter relay and or fuse. Mose engine related fuses and relays are under the hood, although they could be located elsewhere.
How is the battery voltage on the vehicle? Has the battery been drawn down too low during the install possibly?
The electrical system/air conditioning seem to be up and running strong. . and Ive tried jumping it any way but I cant get it to crank soo . . .
I have checked all fuses in the car . . I will try to put a +12 to both sides of the starter manually and see what happens.
Where would you suggest looking fo a vehicle side starter relay? . .Im going to check my hanes now.
Oh and thank you to all that have replied. Though little progress has been made your advice has helped me trouble shoot what is not wrong and has given me Ideas to test where i wouldnt have thought before. thanks again.
DanNEBTD 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
My friend thinks that since I cut the starter wire It might be interfering with the stock system . . I now have the (+) and (-) terminals disconnected from the batt for the night and will try again in the morning. I dont suppose any one knows how long it takes for a factory alarm to reset by chance?
madfleet 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Have you checked the voltage during crank directly at the starter? Sometimes it is easier to begin at the last possible component and work your way back to your work.
DanNEBTD 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
madfleet wrote:
Have you checked the voltage during crank directly at the starter? Sometimes it is easier to begin at the last possible component and work your way back to your work.
That actually crossed my mind today. . But both my roomates are across the state and I am alone till sat. . . . If resetting both positive and neg. doesnt work. . and Nissan cant help me Ill try to call someone over to crank it for me.
DanNEBTD 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Actually in writing that I realized I can use the remote start to crank for me. . . Ill give it a shot tomorrow.
madfleet 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Good Luck! Please let the forum  know what you find.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic