the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

alarm won't go off when door is open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
     All Door Trigger          BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE          (+)          COURTESY LIGHT UNDER DASH
Notice that is a positive trigger
I say use domelight as KarTuneMan suggested,
but if you want to use door trigger, then:
instead of double diode-isolating
(purpose is to prevent the ford BCM from causing a trigger 30mins after car has been locked),
Diode isolate the door triggers and use a relay (since the backfeed cause 30mins after the car isnt strong enough to turn on the relay)
85 goes to 12v
86 all your door trigger (must diode isolate from each other)
30 to alarm door trigger input
87 ground
87a nothing
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Where is the BCM in this Ford Explorer 1999. Can I just use the door wires that come from passsenger and drivers kick panel. Or these doors wires have to be at BCM. There is 5 door wires total, as per diagram that KartuneMan send me. I have to use 10 1amp diodes to isolate. 5 for the BCM with the no band face to the BCM,  and another five diodes comes from the brain which is the  -green wire negative (Scytek). Twisted them togther and connect to the BCM with the band toward the joint. And then use Violet + (scytek) for positve door trigger to + BLACK/ lt blue door trigger or domelight on the Ford. Or the second method is the throw in a relay and just use five diodes. The only thing I don't understand that where is the positive door trigger being connected to if I use the diagrams below. Look like the connect from the brain of the alarm is the negative trigger, and positive trigger (brain) to positive trigger(Ford) BLACK/ light blue. Help me to locate the BCM on the Ford, or the I just be able to use all the wires from pass. and drivers kick and follow the connection of this diagram below

< color=#0068cf>htt! p://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1076.pdf

swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
yes you can use the pin wires at the kp's, use the diagram howie sent it it the most reliable way
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
minhbach wrote:

How do I connect to the actual domelight as KarTunMan said for this Ford Explorer 1999. Can you show me the location for the dome wire( or it just the one as the wiring diagram listed). For Howie method, I am kind of confusing reading your direction. You mean that I have a use an extra diode to connect to the green wire off the alarm unit and with the band side to the side of joint comming from all five doors that isolated diodes for each door. I have to fix this car this Wednesday, please help.

Pull the light down from the headliner, and test the wires at the light. The one that changes polarity when the door is opened (from negative to pozative) is your (POS)+ door trigger

minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
As per Howie 's diagram, the trigger comming from alarm system is the negative trigger correct. And do I still have to connect the positive trigger. Or I just use the green(-) from the brain, double diodes, and to the doors wire(BCM). Please confirm the step for this connection as Per Howie  diagram so I can reconnect this Ford tomorrow. Where is the headliner, Kartuneman. So the door should show +12V when opened and 0V when closed right. Can you provide the color code too. Thanks all for the help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  
Does the  alarm brain have 2 wires marked domelight control or display? Connect one side to 12v+ permanent. and other to wire that goes pos (+) when door is opened. This will be at domelight and BCM box.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm brain has two connection from neg. and positve for door trigger, and 1 neg. domelight trigger. Could you show me which wire go to which either using relay and diodes as diagram. I am confused if I have to use neg or pos door trigger or neg. dome. could you specific in details. which one I suppose to use from the alarm brain. and where these wire connect to the vehicle to get rid of this problem and false alarm if neccessary to use relay. Thanks all for the help
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Can you let me have a copy of the alarm's wiring diag.?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic