viper 5900 remote start, honda

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
33up 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I have two questions about the Viper 5900 remote start relay satellite wiring, specifically, about the heavy gauge wire side of the relay. I've researched this topic through forum search, but there are no conclusive answers to my questions.

Anyway, there are 3 (+)12V inputs on this relay.

2 RED (+)12V inputs and 1 RED / WHITE (+)12V input.

The manual states that I can only use 1 of the 2 REDs if I have only 1 (+)12V battery wire at the key switch, which is true in my case. My question is: do I have to wire this (+)12V input at the switch harness, or can I do it someplace else?

I also have a question about the third input wire (RED / WHITE). Does it have to be powered at all? If so, does it have to be done at the switch harness?

Thanks

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

To make the system work 100% you either tie in at vehicle ingition harness or battery terminal.  I would not recommend any other 12v input.

As for your last question, tie them together.  If your car has 2 constant 12v wires then tie in on both.  Example, 1 wire to one of the wires and the other 2 tied together on the other wire.  When in doubt, tie them all together and connect at battery.

33up 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info.

The reason I ask about alternate place to tap the wires normally found at the switch harness is that I want to hide all my wiring as well as possible. The switch harness is the most obvious place for anyone to look at (at least in the movies :).

One more question. The Viper satellite relay has only one high current wire powering the accessory wire (ORANGE). My car has 2 accessory wires at the switch harness. Should I use the low current orange (-) 200mA 2nd accessory output from the satellite relay to power a relay to power the second accessory wire at the harness?

Thanks.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
thats exatly what the orange wire is made for. I understand what you mean when it comes to finding the wires at the ign.  If you actually want to get into the mind of a thief then the first step is looking for the alarm and unplugging.  Wouldn't you thing that would be easier?  Remember, an alarm is a theft deterrant.  If a thief really wants your car he'll just have to tow itviper 5900 remote start, honda -- posted image.
33up 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I'm sure going to make it difficult for anybody to find. I'm worried about the relay satellite fuses though. If they ever blow I might have a hard time getting to them myself :-)

wrenches 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
33up wrote:

Thanks for the info.

The reason I ask about alternate place to tap the wires normally found at the switch harness is that I want to hide all my wiring as well as possible. The switch harness is the most obvious place for anyone to look at (at least in the movies :).

One more question. The Viper satellite relay has only one high current wire powering the accessory wire (ORANGE). My car has 2 accessory wires at the switch harness. Should I use the low current orange (-) 200mA 2nd accessory output from the satellite relay to power a relay to power the second accessory wire at the harness?

Thanks.

You can also use the pink/white wire for your second accessory wire as long as your car doesn't also need two ignition wires.  It can be programmed as either accessory or ignition.

33up 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I'm installing a Viper 5900 w/ remote start and a Honda SL-3 bypass made by Fortin.The bypass manual calls for connecting its blue wire to a (-) while running wire from the remote start.Which wire would that be on the Viper 5900 remote start relay/module???
Thanks.
33up 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
the above ended up in my old post somehow, even though i started a new topic. ??????
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
There is no need to create a new topic for each part of your installation. Help us help you by posting all of your questions for each part of your installation in the same thread.
~wirewise~
33up 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
got it, thanks.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic