Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
proatthagame 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  

akickz wrote:
xtremej wrote:
The battery comes into play when the car is off or being started. its a start but to run the amperage you will be drawinf you will need to upgrade the big 3 and get a h.o. alt. otherwise stock up on factory alternators and batteries because you will eat them,.
well how much do h.o. alternators cost? and is it possible to just upgrade my wires without having to buy another alternator?

You can get a good one for around $250-300. I would highly suggest to upgrade that wiring first, then if that does not help you will need a high output alt.

Yours Truly
akickz 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
I will try and upgrade the wires first. but about the speaker setup, I will run each 2 speakers at 1 ohm and connect both to the amp, the amp has two positive and two negative speaker outputs, so it will work. but would you recommend running these speakers at 1 ohm?the hifonics amp is 1 ohm stable.
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

akickz wrote:
I will try and upgrade the wires first. but about the speaker setup, I will run each 2 speakers at 1 ohm and connect both to the amp, the amp has two positive and two negative speaker outputs, so it will work. but would you recommend running these speakers at 1 ohm?the hifonics amp is 1 ohm stable.

If this is your amp. It is a one channel amp. It was made mono. I looked at the pictures of the amp and it looks like there are two sets of terminals for speakers but im sure it is only one channel. The diagram i posted above is your only options.

http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_6523_Hifonics+BXi+2006D.html

Yours Truly
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
yes that's the amp
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

akickz wrote:
yes that's the amp

Do you have the amp in hand? I have never touched or personally seen that particular amp but from several diff websites, the spec are all telling me it is  one channel class d mono amp. Which would mean the with those speakers, the lowest load you could pull from the amp would be 2 ohms (1300 watts)

Yours Truly
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine "R" series subs are available in either dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm voicecoils so a final 1 ohm load is possible as long as he ordered the dual 2 ohm version. Don't know if I'd recommend it, but it is doable.
There is no such thing as free installation!
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
tcss wrote:
Alpine "R" series subs are available in either dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm voicecoils so a final 1 ohm load is possible as long as he ordered the dual 2 ohm version. Don't know if I'd recommend it, but it is doable.
what would you reccomend I run them at?
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
proatthagame wrote:

akickz wrote:
yes that's the amp

Do you have the amp in hand? I have never touched or personally seen that particular amp but from several diff websites, the spec are all telling me it is one channel class d mono amp. Which would mean the with those speakers, the lowest load you could pull from the amp would be 2 ohms (1300 watts)

i dont have it in hand i was going to purchase it. but with what i was saying, i would run each 2 speakers @ 1 ohm and connect them to both speaker outputs.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

If you run each pair at 1 Ohm and then connect each pair to a set of terminals on the amp, your amp will be running at .5 ohms. 

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not a 1 ohm believer. I think the amp runs too hot and lacks control. I would get the dual 4 ohm coils and run at 2 ohms. The differance in SPL would be small and the amp would run cooler and cleaner.
There is no such thing as free installation!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic