icon

trade secrets?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I can walk away from this business at any time, it owes me nothing..I guess 99.99% of the population has no interest in installing anything in their car themself..I am just an old cranky fart sometimes..sorry if I offended anyone.
djdowdell 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  

usabuilt wrote:
I can walk away from this business at any time, it owes me nothing..I guess 99.99% of the population has no interest in installing anything in their car themself..I am just an old cranky fart sometimes..sorry if I offended anyone.

I dont think u offended anyone its just your comment caught everyone off guard. I actually think that sharing info publicly helps the industry. U will never get rid of people who wanna do it themselves. I think that if u discourage them you drive them away from the industry all together. Heck, someone may see how to do something here and realize they dont have the skill set/tools/time to complete the task and need to seek out a pro. So it may actually gain you a few customers. Also alot of guys dont just sell install labor, they also sell product some of which is forbidden to be sold online and if u buy it there you get little to no warranty. But people got to install product and they gotta buy it somewhere, hence your local audio shop which is a lot quicker than UPS if they got what you need in stock. Think about it....if a customer buys product from you to install a head unit or speakers themselves and you were helpful and courteous they may come back to you for something as small as installing an amp because they dont have the time or something as large as custom work all because you helped!  To quote Ben Oh, editor of Car Audio and Electronics: "We do what we can to help DIYers fight off the temptation to call in a professional. But when in doubt, we say get yourself to shop, or an install school." C.A.&E. Vol 20 No. 11 Nov. 2007.

Pure Noize
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic