icon

remote starter problem, 95 cutlass supreme

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silverfoxx129 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, are you saying to unhook the ignition wire that it's hooked to and hook it to the 2nd ignition wire? thanks, Brad
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
No you need both igns hooked up
init 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
If your remote starter doesn't have a second ignition output, but your car has 2 ignition outputs, you'll need to send power to both of the car's wires using relays.
silverfoxx129 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I hooked up the 2nd ignition wire and it still does the same thing with the key in the ignition and not in, the part that I don't understand still is the doors unlocking when I try to start it with the remote. thanks, Brad
chadwa2003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
It's probably set up to do unlock before lock after start some systems use this as a factory alarm disarm function
silverfoxx129 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, the problem is that even if I unhook the door lock/unlock wires from the alarm/remote start unit it still unlocks the doors.
chadwa2003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
If you start the car with the regular key does it lock upon starting then unlock when you turn off the ignition thats highly likely being that it is a gm if so thats just ignition controlled door locks from factory
silverfoxx129 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, yes it does lock when it's put in gear and unlock when it's shut off, why does it unlock the doors when I try to remote start it? thanks, Brad
silverfoxx129 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
there are 2 ignition wires and I was told to just hook 1 of them up and was told that it didn't matter which 1 it was( I now have them both hooked up 1 going to the ignition and the 2nd wire going to ignition 2), was I told correct? the only wire that I'm not sure about is the wire that goes from the control unit to the door trigger I hooked that wire to the only blue wire that is connected to the headlight switch and it was a negative wire.   Here is what happens when I try to start it with the remote, the instrument lights come on in the dash, I hear the fuel punp then it shuts off and unlocks the doors because it shuts off the ignition. I have tried to remote start it with the key in the ignition and that doesn't help, it will start if I do it manually by turning the key. One more thing, I checked to see if it was sending voltage to the starter and it is NOT, it shuts down before doing that.
chadwa2003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
If the system doesn't start with the key in the ignition and if the starter wire isn't putting out voltage then there is a problem with the remote starter
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic