icon

2002 ford explorer, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sublinx 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I got the remote start to work but as soon as it starts it shuts down. I have to put the key in the run ignition to keep it running. Is this normal without the bypass? I am guessing with the bypass it fakes the key being in the run position until I put the real key in?
SubLinX Technologies
burns25 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
You're missing an ignition or accessory wire.  Which colors do you have hooked up to the remote start?
sublinx 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  

The are the wires I have connected from Viper to Truck colors. (Viper) Purple to (Truck) Red, (Viper) (2) Reds to (Truck) Yellow, (Viper) Orange to (Truck) GREEN/ lt. green, (Viper) Pink to (Truck) RED / lt. green, (Viper) RED / White to (Truck) Yellow. I have tested the 12volt connectors and they all read 12 volts. The accessory connector reads 12V when the key is turned. The only thing I don't have installed is the starter kill which I do not have a wire on my truck for. I just wanted to say thank you for all the help, I could not have done it without you.

SubLinX Technologies
sublinx 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have double checked all of my connections. I just got a 556SW for my 2002 Ford Explorer. It says in the manual it has to be able to start and run with the key in the ignition switch but not in the run position. That I cannot get to work. I stated the connections above. Can anyone help me with this last problem?
SubLinX Technologies
sublinx 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I figured out that I needed to set the viper to low voltage. Now it will crank and stay running with a key just inserted. I have installed the 556SW and connected the 12V poer, ground and the remote start input to the remote start input on the viper. I have to sets of keys. I insert one to the run position and wait for the theft light to cut off. The I remove that one and insert the other key and do the same thing which the manual says programs the 556SW to the same code. Of course everytime I try to start it without a key, my theft light flashes fast which I guess it will not let it start because it does not see a key. I have put the energizer around the ignition switch but still get nothing. Any ideas guys?
SubLinX Technologies
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
You're missing the third step.
First key on, security light out, key off.
Repeat with second key.
Operate remote starter immediately.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic