icon

Audiobahn 15 Dub Series Subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2007 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

Soundstream is pretty bad***, from what I hear. I'd rather have Soundstream than Phoenix Gold, even though they are alright.

The box's internal volume should be within 10% of what the manufacturer (of the sub) recommends.

Are you close to installing this stuff yet, or what? I know everyone is getting pretty tired of telling you the same stuff. I've noticed noone is responding to you anymore, hmm.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
By "bad*** did you mean badmule or baddonkey? Or did soundstream turn into a bad product?Audiobahn 15 Dub Series Subwoofer - Page 5 -- posted image.
dub15 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
No im not installing anything yet. I wouldnt have posted this topic if i was just going to buy something then ask questions. that would be stupid wouldnt it? im not begging anyone to answer my questions.. i just said said that i would appreciate it, so if you have any more stupid questions try to keep them to yourself. i'm just trying to get some good info out of some good knowledgeable people and not waste any money due to me being low on it already. thanks, nick
Thumpin The DUB
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the sentiment regarding the thread, but wow... that last post was REALLY uncalled for. Take a chill pill... That kind of attitude will make you NO friends, REAL fast on this particular forum. Take it over to caraudio.com.
Nobody has said ANY of your questions were stupid, now have they? You continue to post, and it's been two weeks now, and you have not yet made a decision. All I got from jmelton's post was interest in what you might be thinking, and/or a possible timeframe... I got no venom or attack at all. You've been given quite a few options, and you continue to come back with counter-options. I know you really want to save a few dollars, but I've been following the thread, and you've been given some top-notch ideas, as well as opinions.
I'm not going to say anything more than that, but that attack wasn't necessary, at all.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
dub15 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
i didnt mean to attack him but if he thinks i have been repeating my self or whatever then he doesnt have to post.i understand that everyone is probably getting annoyed with all my questions but i just want a system that sounds decent and the only way to get that is to know what your doing when buying components. if i knew these things i wouldnt ask about them. being that im new to the car audio hobby i still dont know pretty much anything. So... thank you and i appreciate everyones help .i will make a decsion from what information i have now. Thanks to everyone who posted in this forum (including jmelton) for all your help. thanks again, nick
Thumpin The DUB
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Cadence TXA-1000D, $199 enough said.    
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=125
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2007 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  

You wouldn't be the first person that did buy a bunch of stuff, ask if it was good, get told no, and then try to convince people with 20 years of experience that the flea market special was better than all of the suggestions...five pages into a thread.

I am glad that you are not one of those people.

Good luck getting the system up and running, and post some pics!

dub15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well everyone thanks for all your help. I ended up buying an Infinity Reference Series 1600a amp and a 4G wiring kit. Along with a 1.5 Farad cap. It should bump pretty good for around town use :) So thanks again and I'll post videos as soon as possible.
Thumpin The DUB
dub15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I hope to wire it up to 2Ohms. So i should be wiring the voice coils in parallel. Oh and does anyone have any experience with these amps? I heard it at Bestbuy and thought it sounded pretty good on an 10. They had it runnin on 8G power and ground though (which i dont think is big enough) The amp is rated at 600rms @ 2ohms. Any recommendations about how to run this amp or any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thumpin The DUB
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
well what impedance is the sub??
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic