icon

2005 dodge caravan, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
henrylfair 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
install remote start it starts and turn off engine and parking light dont work what is the correct wiring and which wire is use to disable factory alarm
Henry Fair
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
FACTORY ARM Violet/lt.blue Pin-14 on C3 connector at BCM   - 
 This is a 1-wire doorlock system which requires resistors, 5.2-Kohm to lock and 2-Kohm to unlock. For vehicles equipped with factory security, use only the VIOLET/BLUE security wire, as it also controls the doorlocks. Use 2-Kohm to arm/lock and 5.2-Kohm to disarm (double pulse to unlock all doors). See the DOORLOCK diagram for wiring details. A vehicle specific doorlock module may be available for this vehicle, contact your supplier to find out.
 FACTORY DISARM Violet/lt.blue Pin-14 on C3 connector at BCM   - 
 This is a 1-wire doorlock system which requires resistors, 5.2-Kohm to lock and 2-Kohm to unlock. For vehicles equipped with factory security, use only the VIOLET/BLUE security wire, as it also controls the doorlocks. Use 2-Kohm to arm/lock and 5.2-Kohm to disarm (double pulse to unlock all doors). See the DOORLOCK diagram for wiring details. A vehicle specific doorlock module may be available for this vehicle, contact your supplier to find out.
PARKLIGHTS WHITE/ brown Pin-18 on C5 connector at BCM   - 
 The light switch circuit is multiplexed. A Ground through a 5.6K resistor will activate the park lights. A ground through a 1.3K resistor will activate the headlights. See the appropriate TIP diagram.
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you that was great info the only problem I am having is remote start the vehicle but the car shut off in 2 seconds i know it not the the wire that goes to the brake light because that been checked and is working corectly
Henry Fair
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Just insert the key and try remote start, if it stays running then it has sentry anti-theft transponder system.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I cannot imagine an 05 without a transponder...... I could be wrong though.
moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
I cannot imagine an 05 without a transponder...... I could be wrong though.

I 100% agree with you. I just want to point out to Henry what could be the problem. Just in case he didn't know. If everything is hooked up right, then next thing he should check the tach signal.

henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

ok i am new to this i will try with the key in on position i have four wire at the distributor 2 brown and 2 blue wires which is the best wire to get a good tach reading also the starter shut i have not added and would like to add the relay has 2 green wires which i am suppose to cut a wire and and attack each end to the green wire and orange wire connect to alarm while the yellow wire go to key at ignition switch

Henry Fair
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
i read somewhere if the key is not grey then their no sentry installed my key black
Henry Fair
moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

The TACH wire on the 2.4L is BLUE/GREEN or BLUE/TAN. On the 3.3L and 3.8L use the BLUE/GREEN, BLUE/TAN or BLUE/ORANGE as long as NOT BROWN / white

12volts
Starter
Second Starter
Ignition
Note : 2nd starter needs a (-)Negative thru a 180 Ohm Resistor

after you have set up the tach, your vehicle still wouldn't stay running then try again with the key insert but don't turn it to on

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
henrylfair wrote:
i read somewhere if the key is not grey then their no sentry installed my key black
let me guess, your key is black with a remote build in it? still transponder.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic