icon

trunk trigger always tripped

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
I bought an alarm system from ebay (i know i know not a great idea).
Anyways, it is a pager alarm that seems to always say that the trunk is being triggered after i set the "lock" command. I disconnected the trunk trigger all together because i thought it might be some sort of diode issue.
Same problem :(
Oh, and somehow i burnt a diode in the process of all this when i tried to hookup my trunk trigger. I had it one way, which was originally the right way. Then i reversed it because the trunk trigger kept going off and it kinda burnt. The diode physically looked okay but i could see smoke.
Anyhow, my question is: Is my alarm faulty? The door triggers seem to work great and almost everything else with it. The pager alarm system is called a HuaTai HT-800D.
Thanks. Again - I completely removed the trunk trigger wire and it is still being tripped. Is there something else i could try before i try to get warranty on this?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
You NEED to tell us what your driving!
davids604 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

These are my thoughts: 

The hood/trunk trigger is (-) RED / black on the 12P from the HT800, is this the wire that you've been using?  It's ground triggered so it shouldn't burn out unless you've connected it to the wrong thing.  What do you drive and what wire did you connect it to?

Did you test the trunk wire to ensure it's an open circuit when the trunk is closed, and closed circuit to ground when the trunk is open?  Voltage to ground?

It sounds like you plugged into something that had 12VDC while the car is on, and ground when the car is off.  That's the only way the diode would have burnt out.  Did it burn out when you turned on the car? 

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
You NEED to tell us what your driving!

one more time......trunk trigger always tripped -- posted image.

Unless you got er fingered out?

davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe he's locked in the trunk.

Find the black wire and ground it, it should fire the trunk release solenoid, assuming it's ground triggered

mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
sorry for the late reply and thanks for the help so far!
Okay, here is what i drive: 05 cobalt LS (i think it is an LS)
I used a DMM to measure the trunk trigger. It is a positive trunk trigger. Since my alarm system only recognizes negative triggers, i had to reverse the polarity of my trunk trigger when with the diagram i found on this website. It is the reverse polarity one using a relay.
It was working great for about 1year but suddenly the trunk trigger kept going off on my pager alarm. I assumed it must have been because of a diode of sorts, so i tried installing a diode on to it. (i didn't know too much and still don't about alarms so i never put a diode on it to begin with) I did for the doors because all i had was 2 and i figured "why not" but i never bothered with the trunk.
Anyhow, i burnt my diode from doing something totally different. My alarm system is really wierd...i suppose ebay junk i know. To explain how i burnt the diode i need to tell you why i originally started with all this.
As stated before, the trunk trigger kept going off. This problem i already knew about and this just recently started happening.
The OTHER problem i have with this alarm i believe to be a design flaw. I hook up the trunk open and trunk trigger and for the 1st year everything worked good. The only flaw with it was when i popped the trunk. Here is what happens, to pop my trunk i need to first hit unlock on the alarm, then hit "open trunk." If i do not open any doors, then the alarm will re-arm itself in about 30secs. Now this is great, except when i pop the trunk, don't open the doors, and DON'T close the trunk in 30secs. What ends up happening is the trunk is still open, and the alarm rearms itself and thinks that someone is breaking into the trunk. Stupid really, but i guess thats what i get for trusting a no name company.
So i figured, why not tie the trunk trigger into the door triggers so that whenever i open the trunk, the alarm will think the doors are also opened? I tried that, and somehow when i wired the output trigger from my reverse polarity relay into my door triggers, smoke!
Did that make sense to everyone?
In the end, i just totally disengaged my trunk trigger and i still get the false paging problem.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
mrcanngo wrote:
In the end, i just totally disengaged my trunk trigger and i still get the false paging problem.
If it is reporting an open trunk with the trunk trigger disconnected, I would strongly suggest replacing the system.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

When you hooked up the trunk to the doors, it'll be fine as long as you diode isolate all 3 triggers, I guess you flipped it around and might have damaged the alarm.

You might have damaged your diodes, causing your false alarms.  Try disconnecting the door trigger, if that stops your false alarms then you've isolated the problem.  Then start rebuilding the triggers with new 6A diodes. 

Dave.

davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

In addition to that, you might want to try diode isolating your BCM so that your alarm won't see any activity from the BCM which grounds the trigger momentarily. 

Did you happen to disconnect the power to the BCM(Long enough for it to reset and lose memorized settings?) prior to all your false alarms?

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure what wire you found as the trunk trigger, but if it's a positive it aint the right wire. The correct wire is a negative, ORANGE / black at the BCM.connector C1, pin 55. My guess is after the diode you installed fried it damaged the alarm itself....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic