trunk trigger always tripped

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davids604 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks mrcanngo!

You're awesome, my PDF manual and the paper manual that came with it doesn't have the starter time change.. I hope they just forgot to add it in the manual!  And that they didn't remove the function from the 800E, that would be really weird!

The door open alert was actually in there, I missed it. haha.  I'm pretty sure I didn't miss the starter one tho.  Because I got my bro to go through it too, and he couldn't find it. 

I'm gonna try it right now! Thanks!

davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

COOL!

That was so easy!  Pushed the brake, held the valet, pushed unlock/lock until I heard 3 chirps, and let go of brake! Simple as that.  Thanks a bunch, I was getting a little annoyed that my alarm could only run the car for 8 mins! I had to do that twice in the morning, and that wasn't even warm enough, that's only 8 mins.  I take 20-30 mins to get out the door after I wake up, so I've set it to 24 mins.  I think the left that out of my manual to reduce global warming, warming up your engine could lead to more polution due to idle.  But that can be argued, if you're giving it gas when the catalytic converter isn't active, you're producing more toxins than if you warmed up the engine before working it.  But they'd have to do a trade off study on that to figure out the benefits of each. 

Wow, my alarm works so great now!  I only have a few things that aren't perfect, I didn't make the bypass go through the ignition, so hijack mode doesn't shut down the engine, but it does keep the car from starting.  And my parking lights aren't hooked up, I think they look stupid when they blink anyways, don't need that.  Everything else works pretty well. 

I put my siren inside the car, this way it protects the car, but doesn't disturb people outside.  What theif wants to be stuck inside a car with a siren?  That'll get him to run away, or blow his ears out! haha.  If I were him I'd slam the door and walk away, which is what an alarm is supposed to do anyways right? 

So mrcanngo, did you get your tripping/trunk problem sorted out?  The diode isolation really worked for me, I haven't had any false alarms since I've done that.  I park downtown too!  I put my shock sensor to minimal sensitivity, you'd have to crash into my car to set it off.  I have my microwave sensor protecting the interior anyways, so that's all I need.  I hate sensitive shock sensors and sirens outside the cars, all those cars do is false alarm and annoy everyone else.

Thanks for the help man!  Who would have thought this bargain from the internet would end up working so well.  Range is great too ;o)  Not many complains from me ;o)  Response time could be better, but nothing's perfect. 

mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. To answer your previous question, i have installed this alarm 3 times in these cars:
06 Mazda3
05 Cobalt LS
06 Pontiac G6.
I'm quite impressed with this alarm as well. The cobalt is the one with the trunk trigger issues that i'll look into as soon as the weather gets a little warmer or when i can borrow a friends garage to work on it. I like your siren idea. That is hilarious thinking of a criminal getting his ears blown off. I purchased the alarms at different times and i noticed small things with each of them. For example, the alarms on the cobalt and g6 have a design flaw that i found. I'm not sure if yours has the same but try this:
1.) Remote start car
2.) Unlock doors, put key in ignition and push brake down
3.) doors should automatically lock right now right?
4.) turn off car, doors should automatically unlock now right?
If you answered no to 4.) you have the same problem that i had with the cobalt and the pontiac g6. these particular alarms don't unlock the doors after you shut off the car from a remote start.
On my mazda3, it works perfectly though.
The other difference i noticed that caught my attention is the fact that you mentioned the response time wasn't so good. On my mazda3 when a trigger is tripped and the pager is being paged, it sometimes takes a couple of seconds to tell the pager to shut off. I hit the button to silence it but if i'm too far away, it keeps paging. On the other alarms that i bought later, it is MUCH faster. As soon as i hit silence, the paging is silent immediatly.
Btw, i noticed you live in bc, i'm in burnaby where are you from?
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

I'm in Ladner, not much car theft out here, but I park downtown. haha.  Pretty much central for car breakins/theft. 

I'll give the remote start's unlock/lock feature a try tomorrow, since my remote start runs for 26 minutes I should be able to get in there before it shuts off this time ;o)!  thx again for that.

The remote's response is instant, turns off right away, but the manual says you have to push the button's slow, 0.5 sec key strokes, and that's a little annoying.  Remote start doesn't always active, neither doos trunk open, but unlock/lock seems to work pretty quick.  The factory remote start installed on a dodge caliber 2007, was slower than this, so I guess I can't complain too much about it, and that was 1 way.

davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, I tested the remote start, then unlock the doors and sticking the key in during remote starting running, and the doors lock after 15 seconds of driving once I push the brake pedal.  When I turn off the car the doors do unlock.  I guess my 800E version has had that fixed.  So there you go, a pretty much perfectly working alarm!

The start button on my remote doesn't activate when you click and push it in, you have to push a little harder, I guess the button's just a little gimped, but that's good, reduces chances of accidental starts ;o)

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic