whats more powerful, kinetik or optima?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveskal 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Load Boss is Alterstart. While mine lasted, the alternator was pretty nice. Decent performance and cheap enough...
Call Phil at H-O-Alternators.com Significantly more expensive, but after seeing the build quality, I can completely understand why.

After I posted I went back on to ebay and saw that. The other company I was referring to is Eagle Auto Electric...which sound like a bunch of clowns, check this out, I send them a message saying that I am on the fence about whose alternator to get, their's or Alterstarts, I tell him what Alterstart had to say and then ask him to sell me on theirs, to give me some examples as to why I should choose their alternators. His reply was basically, I don't think they can do 110 amps at idle but do what you want, get theirs and see.  LOL  Now what kind of sales pitch is THAT???? I'm asking the guy to sell me...and what does he do..tell me to buy the other guys, that is the poorest salesman on the face of the earth!

donpisto 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
I used to use a Kinetik HC 1400, and I was going to go with an 1800 in the trunk till I decided to shell out some money for some Odyssey batteries. I don't have any experience with the Optimas, however, the Kinetiks are better as reserve batteries. If you're going to play your audio system while the vehicle is off, the Kinetik will be more suitable. The Odyssey (same as Stinger and Hawker, just different names) are much better for being used in daily driving conditions. I have an Odyssey PC1200 and it slightly outperforms my HC 1400. I have check voltage drop and compared the two and the Odyssey was the winner. Once I decide on my substage, I will be putting in the Odyssey PC2150 in the trunk. This beast is known to be much better of a battery than a Kinetik HC 2400. Another battery to consider besides the ones I mentioned is Northstar. The NSB's are great batteries as well.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
someone go some # messed up ca are higher than cca on any battery. red tops are NOT better  than yellow top for audio. if you dont believe my as scottie johnson on termpro.com or email at www.powermaster.com.  i recomend kinetik's...
donpisto 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
splaudio wrote:
someone go some # messed up ca are higher than cca on any battery. red tops are NOT better than yellow top for audio. if you dont believe my as scottie johnson on termpro.com or email at www.powermaster.com. i recomend kinetik's...
For SPL use I would also, but for daily, I wouldn't per the recommendations I made in my previous post.
darkenigma 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
well im tryin to make my car an SPL car and im tryin to figure out if i should run a kinetik 2400 or a optima, idk im gettin opinions straight donw the middle. which would be better if its running as my secondary and not my primary. my alternator is 170 amps i think and theres no way to do anything to it cause my car is so new. basically i just want to know what is the best choice is all. ill be running 2 3000 rms amps. right now im running 1 off my stock electrical system and i have almost no dimmin at all.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic