the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

hornet 567t, 97 galant es

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Check the yellow wire in the ribbon cable. This is the wire that feeds +12V back to the brain of the alarm to let it know the ignition is on. Without +12V on this wire the system will not go into program mode. Make sure your heavy pink wire is connected to an ignition and not an accessory wire as the yellow in the ribbon and the heavy pink wires are tied together.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
masr1979 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
I can't recall that wire, but I'll check later on when I get a chance. Thanks.
mrjc480 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Im almost positive that the door triggers arent properly connected.  Arm the alarm and open a door to verify that the trigger is hooked up.  I install dozens of these alarms since im not a "authorized" dealer and this is all that I have access to.  The manual is really screwy,  You DO need all 3 all 12v+ inputs hooked up.  Also the manual list different wire colors for the 4th and 5th AUX channels.
Im moving to MEXICO and Im not speaking spanish!
masr1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well I've done a bit of more reading and I'm more comfortable with what I need to do now, but I think I'll go ahead and unistall the alarm, and I'll reinstall it next weekend since I'll have enough time to do things slowly and correctly. This time around I did things with just electrical tape, knowing that's a NO-NO, so next time around I'll solder the most wires possible, leaving only the ones I'm not 100% sure of.
mrjc480 funny you should mention the door switches; there is something screwy going on with the doors, but they are working fine. Today, however, it kept tripping (the alarm) telling me that there was a door open when there wasn't one open at all. I triple checked opening and closing all 4 doors and it still wouldn't go away. I left the alarm disarmed and when I went back a few hours later and armed it PRESTO!
That said, I do know that the 2 front door switches aren't working righ. When I open the front doors I don't get the open door dash lights, no domelight, no audible signs when I have the key in the ignition or the lights are on. The back doors are working properly, so I was opening one of them to configure the alarm (I know that this is probably the cause of all my grief) I need to check all the fuses, and do some basic testing of the wiring I guess.
I'll double back with more questions in a few days, thanks again for the support guys.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
A wild card, I think I've seen this problem before on an IS Lexus. Check ALL the fuses.
masr1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Well I checked the ones under the hood; the ones under the dash I haven't yet..... DAMN annoying getting them out GRRRRR!
masr1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

Just a quick update on my case. I uninstalled the alarm today, and checked all fuses; now if the fuses under the hood are anything to go by then I might have a few fuses with the wrong amps. This being the case I also assume that I might have some deeper problems since the fuses that were wrong all had more amps, 25 where there was supposed to be a 10, so if I understand correctly that could fry whatever circuit that fuse is protecting right?

As I said I have the issues with the front doors, plus the O/D light doesn't turn on in the dash, nor does the security light (the factory security system) light up (this fuse is one of the ones that's wrong), the seatbelt light turns on when I first start the car, but it turns off and taking the seatbelt off doesn't put it back on, lastly the deffoger button light doesn't turn on (the deffoger works though). Well I know all these issues are probably beyond what this thread should cover.

I'm thinking about leaving the alarm off and taking the car to an electritian. Now I want to install the alarm myself and all, but this door problem seems to be beyond what I can fix myself, and until I fix that problem I fear that my other problems might not be resolved since everything else seemed to be fine with the installation.

Thanks for the pointers guys, I'll post back later on to update how my situation is progressing.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Remove alarm/RS, disconnect battery , meanwhile replace the fuses with those of the correct ratings, checking for corrosion, especially on the engine bay fuses, then reconnect battery, fire up and thoroughly check out vehicle. Also check factory grounds and power supplies; these problems and I couldn't confirm without a circuit diagramme (I'm old school that way)  all appear to be processor or instrument panel based. It COULD be something as simple as an instrument panel plug not making it. I know they are supposed to be fixed but........
masr1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Alrightie then, at least it seems I'm on the right path since that's basically what I was intending on doing, except for checking the grounds. I wish I could find a diagram/schematic for the drivers side fuse panel though, any idea where I might be able to find one? I've looked on the net for a bit, but couldn't find anything.
Oh by the way hope you guys had an excellent thanksgiving :D
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic