icon

compustar 2wss as, 2003 350z

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Are u installing an immobilizer or did u mean a bypass to get around your factory transponder?

In either event, the can wires are in pins 6 (can high) and 14 (can low). They are porbably colored blue ( pin 6 can high) and red ( pin 14 can low)

skn181 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!... finally got it working right..
skn181 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
My 2003 350z does not have a 2nd starter wire (WHITE/ green). There are only 4 wires at the ignition harness- starter, ignition, 12v, and accessory. Is there somewhere else I should be looking or do some 2003 350z just not have this wire? thanks!
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
It may be a different color, but in general i think all nissans 95+ have a second starter. Get the test light out, and check
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

Second start is WHITE/ green

See my post that has the tech sheet info!

And get your DMM out....you'll find it, it's there!

skn181 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
I think I've looked at your tech sheet at least 100x Kartuneman...Thanks lol. Anyways, no matter how hard I look I can not find the 2nd starter wire!?! It should be at the ignition harness running with the primary starter, ignition, acessory, and 12v wire right??? I must be crazy, but I only see these 4 wires and nothing else... maybe I should take a picture of it. Or am I looking at the wrong place and the wire is located somewhere else? I looked and looked, then looked again but there isn't a WHITE/ green wire, only those 4. I am puzzled...
As for an update, I have completed the entire alarm installation and it has been running flawlessly (remote start and all) for the past 3 days. It took me approx 4 days to do everything. The wiring is pretty clean and I am very happy the way everything turned out. I'll probably shortened my life span a few years from all the lead soldering fumes I've been breathing in, but its satisfying to have completed this. This was quite the learning experience, but gratefully it was also a successful one. You guys really invoked in me the fear to triple check everything, which was good. Thank you for everyone's help and contribution (except for howie II...lol)
Would I recommend beginners like me to do this install for the first time on a Z?...eh maybe not. I must admit it was very time consuming and had its ups and downs. Patience is the key. Being humble and asking questions is also a very good thing. Then again, I am a student so I have the time. I also have extensive experience with engine modification, so I'm not really afraid with messing around with cars (this was my first alarm install though). The hardest part of this installation was probably putting in the immobilizer bypass, due to the crappy instructions it came with. Anyways, thanks everyone!
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
^No I would NOT recommend any of your friends to do this, most of engine modifier have no clue about electrical bc engine modification is nothing compared to electrical, if thats what youre insisting.
However, there was a guy exactly like you in ClubRSX.com that wrote up a DIY on his Type-S w/ the 1st generation 2wss-as and there were a lot of success.
Was I right about doing everything else b4 getting into clutch and immobilizer?
Since I've been on this board, close to when this board was open, I have NOT seen anyone done anything like this extensive on their first try, even me. Do NOT forget that you're lucky to have some ppl on here w/ the knowledge, time, and patience.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic