the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar 2wss as, 2003 350z

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
skn181 wrote:
(-) status output, (-) Ignition output, (-) accessory output, and (-) starter output
- status is an output trigger which would be for activating your bypass module
- accessory, -starter and - ignition are for adding additional relays to power additional circuits if your vehicle requires them. Your 350Z needs a second starter wire energized (as KarTuneMan has stated).
This is not to knock you in any way but I am with KarTuneMan on this one I would strongly suggest having an experienced person at least take a look at this with you. There are so many sensitive electronics in your vehicle and one simple mistake could cost you thousands in repairs. Are you soldering your connections? Do you have experience soldering?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
You should expect for a nest on first install. Proper installation is your first priority not for looks.
I AM OUT!!!
skn181 wrote:
... I am also striving for clean wiring and connections. So far it is going pretty well. I have a few questions though:...

thank you for your help

Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Why does reading this thread make me feel like i'm watching a train wreck that's about to happen. How much is a Nissan BCI to buy? At the top of the page just to the left of forums- it's called finding installers. Hell i sat with my 9 yr. old grandson showing him how to solder a joint, measuring it with a DMM etc  but, also good luck to our friend for at least trying, it's the CAN DO mentality of Americans that appeals to foreigners like myself.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

it's the CAN DO mentality of Americans that appeals to foreigners like myself

Oh jeeze howie.....I'm feelin all warm and fuzzy inside. compustar 2wss as, 2003 350z - Page 2 -- posted image.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

PLAESE NOT ON THIS PAGE. IT IS A CHART THAT SHOWS WHERE THE CONNECTIONS FROM THE ALARM ARE MADE TO THE CAR. YOUR CAR SPECIFICALLY....

PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT BLACK (CN3) YES TRANSPONDER  SEE NOTES 
 12 VOLTS RED (CN1) WHITE/ blue Ignition switch harness  
 IGNITION GREEN (CN1) BLACK/ red Ignition switch harness  
 ACCESSORY WHITE (CN1) WHITE/ black Ignition switch harness  
 STARTER YELLOW (CN1)  WHITE/ red Ignition switch harness  
 STARTER 2 RED / BLACK (CN3) to pre-wired relay WHITE/ green Ignition switch harness  
 KEY SENSE  BLACK/ red At steering column  
 TACH SIGNAL YELLOW/BLACK (CN3) Yellow/red On coil at right side of motor  AC 
 CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR  WHITE/ blue Pin-13 on ECM behind glovebox  AC 
 FUEL INJECTOR  Opposite from Red At any injector on engine  AC 
 LOCK BLUE/BLACK (CN4) Red At switch inside driver's door  
 UNLOCK BLUE (CN4) Lt.blue (double pulse) At switch inside driver's door  
 DRIVER LOCK MOTOR  Purple Pin-30 on Body Control Module  
The Body Control Module is located in the driver's side kickpanel. See the attached image for details.
 DRIVER UNLOCK MOTOR  Yellow Pin-23 on Body Control Module  
The Body Control Module is located in the driver's side kickpanel. See the attached image for details.
 PASSENGER UNLOCK MOTOR  WHITE/ red Pin-31 on Body Control Module  
 DOORPIN RED / WHITE (+/-) (CN3) SEE NOTES    
Driver's door is WHITE at pin-14, passenger door is PURPLE at pin-10. Both wire are found at the Body Control Module in the driver's side kickpanel.
 HOODPIN GRAY/BLACK (CN3) Lt.GREEN/ black at pinswitch under hood on right side  
 TRUNK PIN VIOLET/BLACK (CN3) RED / white Pin-18 on Body Control Module  
 TRUNK RELEASE VIOLET/WHITE (-) (CN4) Pink Pin-76 on Body Control Module  
 FACTORY ARM ORANGE (CN3) Arms with lock wire    
 FACTORY DISARM ORANGE / WHITE (CN3) Disarms with unlock wire    
 BRAKESWITCH LT.BLUE/WHITE (CN3) Pink/blue In driver's kickpanel  
 PARKLIGHTS GREEN / WHITE (+) (CN1) or (-) (CN3) RED / blue In driver's kickpanel  
 HAND BRAKE LT.BLUE (CN3) Manual only Violet In driver's kickpanel  
 HORN WHITE (-) (CN3) GREEN/ black At steering column  
 CLUTCH SWITCH Manuals only (see inst. Guide)  Gray/red & Yellow/red At switch on clutch pedal bracket  TYPE 3 
 HEADLIGHTS  YELLOW /GREEN Driver's side headlight assembly  
 REVERSE LIGHTS  Orange Under driver's side running board  
 DIMMER  RED / yellow At any illuminated switch in dash  
 VSS WIRE  Blue/black At module below radio in console  8000ppm 

WIRE FOR THE CAR                    THIS IS THE WRE ON THE cOMPUSTAR                                ACTUAL WIRE COLOR ON THE CAR                       THIS IS LOCATION                    POLARITY

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Gary, don't get too warm and fuzzy just yet I was angling for a green cardcompustar 2wss as, 2003 350z - Page 2 -- posted image.
skn181 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm is installed and everything works great. I'm almost done the remote start and have bypassed the immobilzer and clutch. I just need confirmation on where to connect the 2nd starter wire. Does it attach to the 'Prewired 2nd Starter Relay' on connector 1? If so, how do I do the connection? Thanks for all your help!
skn181 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2007 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
skn181 wrote:
The alarm is installed and everything works great. I'm almost done the remote start and have bypassed the immobilzer and clutch. I just need confirmation on where to connect the 2nd starter wire. Does it attach to the 'Prewired 2nd Starter Relay' on connector 1? If so, how do I do the connection? Thanks for all your help!
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2007 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thats NOT 2nd starter but its your starter kill.
2nd starter needs to have an additional relay.
85-2nd starter ~200mA on CN3 or so
86-12v+ fused
30-12v+ fused
87-350z 2nd starter
Forget about immobilizer and clutch for now, just concentrate on the RS components. Do NOT go any other route bc youll confuse yourself and others when youre stuck. Doing my way will eliminate one step by one.
3. remote start
4. if sucess, go on bypass clutch and immobilizer.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
skn181 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Where are the CAN high and CAN low wires on a 2003 350z??? It says that they are on the OBDII connector, but what color are they?? I'm tying to install an immobilizer bypass in my car... almost done the compustar installation. Just can't find these wires. Thanks!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic