icon

problems w/ telematics cl 100

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pablo422 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all, I wonder if I am the first one to notice this.

I got the Audiovox Telematics CL-100 installed in my 2007 Tahoe today. When I went to call the 800# to start the car, there was NO ANSWER, NO AUTOMATION, NOTHING. I called the Customer Service Number for Seaguard Electronics, 800-705-8765, and a woman picked up, and said, "Yeah, that system is down." After just dropping $200 for this part, I got a little angry with this woman. She said she doesn't know how long it will be down for, and if it is even ever coming back on line. She said the hardware finally failed, and they have NOT even looked at it yet!

I then called Audiovox, at 1800-371-7725, and spoke to a "Jay" there. He confirmed with me that, yes, they are aware that the system is down. So let me ask you this, how does a dealer sell me the product when it doesn't even work?

I left the phone numbers so anyone else who is wasting money on this system can call and #$#$ like I did.

Paul

New York

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am also curious to see what others have to say about this. I have been reading about the CL100 for some time and was going to order a system for one of my own vehicles to try it out. However when I went to the website for the company ( satronics) it looks like a page that is no longer in service and did not want to risk purchasing the unit until I could verify the company was still in business.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
pablo422 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
I am also curious to see what others have to say about this. I have been reading about the CL100 for some time and was going to order a system for one of my own vehicles to try it out. However when I went to the website for the company ( satronics) it looks like a page that is no longer in service and did not want to risk purchasing the unit until I could verify the company was still in business.

Yeah, Satronics is not the company anymore. Its seaguard.

pablo422 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

**** UPDATE ****

I just called the number to start the truck, and the SYSTEM IS BACK UP !

If you want to hear how the system works, the number is 800-495-7677.

Their customer service number is 800-705-8765.

I called the number, put in my access codes, and the truck started up in about 3 minutes!

Thank god it works.

Paul

y2kmental 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

pablo422, I just bought the cl100 a few days ago and will install it with the Audiovox APS997 in a week or 2.

Do you have the fax number to fax the activation form to them? The number that is on the form that came with my unit is no longer in service, and I would like to get it activated ASAP.

Thanks

pablo422 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
y2kmental wrote:

pablo422, I just bought the cl100 a few days ago and will install it with the Audiovox APS997 in a week or 2.

Do you have the fax number to fax the activation form to them? The number that is on the form that came with my unit is no longer in service, and I would like to get it activated ASAP.

Thanks

I don't have the number to fax it to, but try their customer service # : 800-705-8765.

And BY THE WAY, the remote start system is DOWN AGAIN. I tried calling the access number this morning, and the system was NOT PICKING UP. I called customer service again, and they don't seem to care. They said it was an old system, and they will TRY and get it back up! ! ! I paid $200 for this upgrade!

Paul

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
pablo422 wrote:
y2kmental wrote:
Thanks
I don't have the number to fax it to, but try their customer service # : 800-705-8765.
And BY THE WAY, the remote start system is DOWN AGAIN. I tried calling the access number this morning, and the system was NOT PICKING UP. I called customer service again, and they don't seem to care. They said it was an old system, and they will TRY and get it back up! ! ! I paid $200 for this upgrade!
Paul
As I mentioned earlier, I was interested in this piece but from the sounds of it I am glad I have shied away so far. I could not imagine recommending a system with this level of unreliability to a vehicle owner. If anyone else has any history with this system I would be interested to know what their input is.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
I've had my cl-100 in my personal vehicle for about 2 years or so. it "normally" works, but not 100% of the time. I just tried it after reading everyones problems and mine is working today. I used it this last sunday with no problem. this would be a great unit if the service was reliable. i agree that the people at satronics (or whatever they are now) really dont give a crap, they have this "oh well" attitude about whether or not the service is working.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
y2kmental 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

I just gave them a call. It is funny to hear their apathetic attitude over the phone.

For reference, if any one needs it, here is their fax number that you can use to active your system.

Fax: 619 839 3780

And here is a link to the form that needs to be filled out

http://movinondealers.com/carlink.html

Regards

pablo422 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

More updates on this . . .

I called my dealer, Car Tunes, who has ben excellent through all of this by the wayy. I have been using them for 16 years. They said they would remove the part and give me a refund. They called their dealer, who called me. This guy was the area rep for Audiovox, who sells the CL100. He was the nicest guy, and could not believe the lazy attitude that seaguard (the company that runs the service) had with me, and the actual things the company told me, like "the system is up and down", or the best one he loved to hear, "its an antiquated system"

He wanted to look into it and get back to me, but I told him I want the refund. I figured nothing would get done unless someone lost money on this thing. I have the box and all the paperwork, so the dealer can re-sell it anyway.

What really sucks is that I wanted a DEI system, and went with an audiovox because of this stupid part!

Paul

NY

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic