code ca 670, 96 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crank71 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I am going to be installing an alarm and remote start (Code CA-670) in my 1996 Toyota 4Runner Ltd, and I cant for the life of me seem to find any websites that can give me the install info that I need for the car. Also, does anyone have any tips on utilizing the power locking feature on this unit? My truck has PL but no keyless...1 turn of key UL DS door, 2 turns unlocks all other doors...

I've search the12v.com but have only seen wiring info for other years.

So can someone PLEASE post the wiring information? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Craig

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:

here you go:

http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=12524&MakeID=2

Ahhh sweet. Thanks. It just hit -20 today and those leather seats are like bricks...that RS will be none-too-soon....C

crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

I have almost completed the installation of a Code CA670 in my 96 4Runner but had a couple of questions.

1. Do the Dome Light Supervision output and the Negative Door Input wires BOTH go to the same negative wire on the door pin switch? The wording in the manual is a bit confusing, but it looks like they do...

2. Does the Headlight output need to be connected? Both printouts i have for a 96 4Runner indicate a Red wire in the steering column harness, which I can not find. I tested several others with no luck.

3. External Start Trigger.- The manual says it is needed only for RS install, but doesn't say where it goes...just that it will activate on ground pulse from an external device...

lastly...

4. 2nd accessory wire...is it req'd for proper operation? Can't find a 2nd acc wire on the 4runner.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
1. Yes
2. No it is not a mandatory connection. The parking lights should be hooked up for visual confirmation but headlights are not mandatory.
3. External start trigger is there in case you wanted to activate the remote start portion of the system from another source. It is not a mandatory connection.
4. You do not need the second accessory output. Your vehicle has 2 ignitions and your system has 2 ignition outputs so use them but the second accessory is not required.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks twelvoltz, this is a great site...I'll be supporting it!

crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

Oh man this install is causing me grief.

I followed the startup procedure in the manual. It says to turn the ignition to "on", insert the fuses and then turn the car off. Now as soon as I install the fuse for the 4 pin power harness, the lights flash and the alarm LED flashes, but no siren or horn. The lights are pulsing with 2 quick flashes, off for a second, one quick flash then rinse and repeat. wth? Then when I turn the key off, the alarm and horn go nuts. I have to pull the fuse to kill it or yank the 22 pin connector. I tried a combination with door open & closed, locks open & closed but nothing works.

One thing I noticed on the negative door pin is that the when the light is on, it only drops to 1v...not sure if that could be causing the system griefsince it is looking for OV.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I really don't care about the alarm, I just want locks and RS. It has got to be something simple that I am overlooking.

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

do that again, but when ur car wails, take ur controller and hit unlock, that should set the system to disarm. if it drops to 1v that should be fine. when i probe my wires for door pins, i always get 0.8 - 1v. U need about 9v to actaully trigger the unit.

crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Tedmond....does the door need to be open or does that matter? I'll give that a try in the AM...
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
close ur door. connect the fuse back, let the car wail on you and press lock or unlock on ur key fob. it should disarm the system and thats it. the door when closed should show 0.8 - 1v when closed and will show 12 when door is opened.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic