icon

how much bang can i get out of my sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jfinks 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

Click on This. The link will take you to a tutorial on this site that explains how to use a box design program that is provided free with a link on that page. You should experiment with other speaker parameters also. Through this process you will learn a lot.

good Luck

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
everyone does have to start somewhere...I started off with two bazooka 10 inch subs and a 150 watt amp...lol circuit city special
good size to start off with for most 12 inch subs is 2 - 2.5 cu ft tuned between 30 - 40 hz...then experiment if you want to to improve on the baseline sound. Most people are too lazy to built a bunch of boxes though and learn something
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

I'm glad we actually got to some good responses in this thread to help the guy out.

As mentioned previously, everyone has to start somewhere. Flaming new posters just turns them off to the site and to the "hobby" of car audio, and ultimately makes us look like pompous airbags...how much bang can i get out of my sub? - Page 3 -- posted image.

When I came back to this thread, I thought, "how did this thing get to 3 pages? Are there that many people flaming this poor guy or what?"

And by the way, I also started out with Pyle subs. Not one regret, either. It led to bigger and better things  how much bang can i get out of my sub? - Page 3 -- posted image. 

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
punkguyta 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
What are you trying to achieve by using a bandpass enclosure over another type?  Are you planning on building the enclosure yourself, or having one built by a professional?  As wirewise mentioned above, you really need a proper enclosure (as in one designed specifically for that sub) to get that sub to sound it's best.  And this is more crucial with a bandpass enclosure.
Iwan't it to be loud!
Chrysler LHS w/ infinity 11 speaker factory system, 1200 watt sub on the way.
punkguyta 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2007 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:

I'm glad we actually got to some good responses in this thread to help the guy out.

As mentioned previously, everyone has to start somewhere. Flaming new posters just turns them off to the site and to the "hobby" of car audio, and ultimately makes us look like pompous airbags...how much bang can i get out of my sub? - Page 3 -- posted image.

When I came back to this thread, I thought, "how did this thing get to 3 pages? Are there that many people flaming this poor guy or what?"

And by the way, I also started out with Pyle subs. Not one regret, either. It led to bigger and better things  how much bang can i get out of my sub? - Page 3 -- posted image. 

Yes thankyou and I appreciate the help that everyone has given me. I figured this was a decent place to ask and obviously it shows.
Chrysler LHS w/ infinity 11 speaker factory system, 1200 watt sub on the way.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
punkguyta wrote:
Iwan't it to be loud!
it won't be loud or sound good if you buy a prefab bandpass box.
mrjc480 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have customers that often want to go for the off brands such as Pyle, Boss, or Power Acoustik.  I dont have a problem selling these but I do caution "You get what you pay for" and just because the amp says 2400 watts, there is no way that you can produce that.   As Punkguyta mentions "I want it to be loud", there is nothing wrong with going this route.  The only thing he will be missing is quality.  As we all know the install is what makes or breaks a system.  If you have the skills/tools to build a box then I would definitely start experimenting, otherwise a pre-fab 1.25 cuft/sub enclosure should work just fine.  Be sure to reseal all the seams because Ive found that many prefabs tend to leak.  Good luck to you and let us know what the outcome is!
Im moving to MEXICO and Im not speaking spanish!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic