the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 tsx viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
most of ur wiring should be in contact with the datalink module not the car. the only things that should go to the car is ur starting wires, acc, and ignition. plus idatlink data wires. hope that cleared it up for u
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

Sure did.

Thanks for everything.  I'll let you knwo how it turns out and/or post any other questions as I'm doing the install this weekend.  :)

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

OK. I just re-read your last post.

What about these wires form the Viper unit:

*Parking light output (+/-)

*Neutral Safety input (+)

*Brake shutdown input (+)

*Domelight output (-)

I was going to connect these wires from the Viper unit to where the Viper Install instructions specified they be connected on the car. Correct???

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

What about these wires form the Viper unit:

*Parking light output (+/-)

Use the parking light output (+), the unit should be default at postitive (+).

Connect to RED / BLACK wire in Drivers Kick Panel in a WHITE PLUG above fusebox.

*Neutral Safety input (+)

Usually used to prevent start unless handbrake is pulled. If ur car is an auto, just GROUND this wire (neutral safety input) straight to chassis. If its a manual car, make sure u have a manual start viper system.

*Brake shutdown input (+)

allows the remote start to shut down when starter active. Connect this wire to WHITE/ BLACK @ Drivers kick panel in a WHITE PLUG above fusebox. Or you can do directly to the brake Switch above the BRAKE PEDAL. there will be 2 wires, if u are unsure which one is used, test it for a postive 12v (+) when the brake is pressed.

*Domelight output (-)

Domelight is triggered by the Door trigger. You will need to Connect this to your DOOR PIN. Door pin wire is DARK GREEN in drivers kick panel in a huge harness going to fuse box. i am not sure if the domelight output from the unit has a relay built into it. if it doesnt a relay is required, wire like so.

85 - constant 12v

86 - domelight supervison output from XVL
87 - High current ground from chassis
30 - to door pin (DARK GREEN in DKP harness)

I was going to connect these wires from the Viper unit to where the Viper Install instructions specified they be connected on the car. Correct??

viper manual is correct, they must be connected to the car. THe thing is, domelight output is nice to have, but is a hassle because u need to run a wire for it.

tedmond 
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
hey bro, just rechecked the XVL, the unit does not have a relay built into it. You MUST Wire up a relay or you will fry out ur unit.
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
hey bro, just rechecked the XVL, the unit does not have a relay built into it. You MUST Wire up a relay or you will fry out ur unit.

Thanks for the heads up, bro.  I've been out with the flu for the last few days.  Just got back on my feet today. 

I stopped by Auto Zone and picked up two relays.  One for the domelight and one for the defogger. 

The domelight wire on the car seems to be behind the fusebox.  Any other place I can find that wire?  How do I get behind the fusebox?

Thanks again.

tedmond 
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

domelight wires are usually the door trigger themselves.Domelight is triggered by the Door trigger. You will need to Connect this to your DOOR PIN. Door pin wire is DARK GREEN in drivers kick panel in a huge harness going to fuse box. good to know u back on ur feet, the flu sucks - had it a few weeks back.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond,
Ran into another road block. The XVL has a (-)200mA trunk output which I was going to connect to the idatalink Trunk (-) input. However, the idatalink also has a door/trunk status (-) output. What do I do with this wire?
Thanks
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Also...
The factory alarm beeps (not loud horn but low beep) when armed. If the alarm is armed and a door is opened, the loud horn horn sounds and not the low beep.
I would also like to control the panic feature from the Viper remote.
My question is, if idatalink will be controlling factory arm/disarm, will I need to connect the (-)horn honk output from the XVL to the vehicle loud horn. If so, will I need a relay?
Thanks
tedmond 
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

1)Ran into another road block. The XVL has a (-)200mA trunk output which I was going to connect to the idatalink Trunk (-) input. However, the idatalink also has a door/trunk status (-) output. What do I do with this wire?

The trunk pop is controlled through the databus system. So, simply connect the trunk (-) OUTPUT from the Viper XVL, and connect that to the idatalink Trunk (-) INPUT. Since the viper is not an alarm,  the unit does not have a door/trunk pin input (-).  If the XVL does not have the door pin input, tape up the DOOR/TRUNK status comming from the idatalink since it will not be used.

2)The factory alarm beeps (not loud horn but low beep) when armed. If the alarm is armed and a door is opened, the loud horn horn sounds and not the low beep. I would also like to control the panic feature from the Viper remote. My question is, if idatalink will be controlling factory arm/disarm, will I need to connect the (-)horn honk output from the XVL to the vehicle loud horn. If so, will I need a relay?

on the TSX, the car will only make a low pitch beep for lock, and double beek to unlock. If ur alarm (factory) is triggered, yes it will wail loudly. If u decide to use the Viper XVL panic button, test it first and see if the idatalink will set off the panic (factory alarm). to test, hold panic button on XVL and see if the factory panic sets off. it it doesnt, you will need to connect a dedicated wire for your horn with a relay. 

Wire HORN(-) Relay.

85 - constant 12volts

86 - Horn wire from XVL(-) 200mA
70 - High Current Ground
30 - To Horn wire on car.

Horn Wire -  GREEN/ YELLOW (-) @ left hand side of steering collumn*

**Horn wire is located in a brown connector**

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic