2006 tsx viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks bro.

So does this also mean that the tach output from idatalink does not have to be connected to the tach input from the XVL?  The same for the hood (-) output from idatalink, do not connect to hood pin from XVL?  Idatalink will take care of both of these also?

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

So does this also mean that the tach output from idatalink does not have to be connected to the tach input from the XVL?  The same for the hood (-) output from idatalink, do not connect to hood pin from XVL?  Idatalink will take care of both of these also?

tach output from idatalink must be connected to the XVL. Connect the hood output (-) from the idatalink to the XVL hood (-) shutdown wire. it prevents starts if hood is opened (precaution). As for the idatalink, the idatalink acts as a messenger. From commands given by remote start to the car computer, or from car computer to remote start unit, the module is there to save time and hassle to find and locate lots of wires. It will take care of the electrical in the car as it acts as a monitor for TACH and HOOD PIN, but it is useless unless it is wired to the XVL.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Will do.  thanks bro.  I'll be working through the night on this one.

Going to WalMart to get some wire loom.  Got all modules positioned in the car.  Just need to connect them together and connect to the steering column harness.

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
no problem, good luck. once u are done installing this bad boy in ur car, u should do a write up and take some pics or tricks u encountered during the install on a TSX.
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Damn! Somebody HELP!!!!
Can't figure it out. The car starts with key in it only. Take the key out, hit the remote to start it and it just cranks -three different times and then it just shuts off.
When the car does start (remotely) with the key in the ignition, the parking lights flash - I can hear the relay in the XVL clicking - parking lights outside and dash flash. Is this normal.
Also the door locks don't work. I connected the lock and unlock wires from the XVL to the datalink and nothing. The XVL sends the signal to lock and unlock, LED light turns on for lock and off for unlock but nithing happens to the door lock.
PLEASE HELP!!!!
tedmond 
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

1)Can't figure it out. The car starts with key in it only. Take the key out, hit the remote to start it and it just cranks -three different times and then it just shuts off.

sounds like you didnt program your idatalink for the bypass. or maybe you did not connect the wires.

2)When the car does start (remotely) with the key in the ignition, the parking lights flash - I can hear the relay in the XVL clicking - parking lights outside and dash flash. Is this normal.

it is normal to hear relays click as the dash and parking lights flash together.

3)Also the door locks don't work. I connected the lock and unlock wires from the XVL to the datalink and nothing. The XVL sends the signal to lock and unlock, LED light turns on for lock and off for unlock but nithing happens to the door lock.
make sure you wired up the following wires from the iDataLink to the car.

FOR TRANSPONDER - follow wiring diagram-

CUT Pin 5 Wire (Blue/Orange) In HALF

half goes to each security light input/output.

WHITE/ BLACK security light input - connect to wire Blue/Orange leading towards the Green Connector"

WHITE/ RED security light output - connect other half of Blue/Orange wire leading towards the front of the car.
ORANGE / BLACK DATA - connect to Pin 2 (RED / Blue) @ 7 Pin Green Connector from factory transponder ring
PINK  Ignition - connect to Pin 6 (BLACK / YELLOW) @ 7 pin Green Connector from factory transponder ring

and make sure you enter the programming procedure.

LOCKS/UNLOCK

the ORANGE WIRE is the DATA BUS WIRE.

ORANGE from iDataLink - Connect wire to PIN 4 (BROWN / Red) on the 21 Pin connector found @ driver side fusebox. *close to driver door*

hope this answers all your quesitons. FYI, if you cant start the car with remote start when no key is near, its a bypass issue. as mentioned before, make sure u take your idatalink into programming mode so it can memorize your key code.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hey bro, I checked all of the idatalink connections three times. They're solid. I've wrapped the wires and soldered them.
I've programmed the unit following their procedure:
1. selected Standard mode (light blinks twice)
2. press and hold, LED displays solid green
3. turn key to "on" - LED illuminates green for 2 secs
Am I missing something? I know it's gotta be something stupid.
tedmond 
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
i think its your

GROUND-OUT WHEN RUNNING - BLUE/WHITE

connect the BLUE/WHITE to the STATUS OUTPUT from the viper. to make sure the datalink has been programmed properly, you can take the Blue/White and hold it to ground - check to see if the LED is GREEN and NOT RED. If it is GREEN, connect the Blue/White to the status output from VXL.

i hope thats your problem. *cross fingers*

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
i think its your <DIN-Black size=1>

GROUND-OUT WHEN RUNNING - BLUE/WHITE

connect the BLUE/WHITE to the STATUS OUTPUT from the viper. to make sure the datalink has been programmed properly, you can take the Blue/White and hold it to ground - check to see if the LED is GREEN and NOT RED. If it is GREEN, connect the Blue/White to the status output from VXL.

i hope thats your problem. *cross fingers*

Yes. I've connected these two together but will take your advise, disconnect them and ground the blue/white from the idatalink and confirm a green light.
BTW- Light has never been red
This thing about the door lock is driving crazy also. The XVL doesn't arm/disarm either. Panic works fine (lights flash on and off -haven't connected the horn, so don't know if panic sets off horn too). Still works from my OEM remote, though.
I tell you it's gonna be somethign really dumb!
tedmond 
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  

did you connect your orange data wire from the idatalink?

LOCKS/UNLOCK

the ORANGE WIRE is the DATA BUS WIRE.

ORANGE from iDataLink - Connect wire to PIN 4 (BROWN / Red) on the 21 Pin connector found @ driver side fusebox. *close to driver door*

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic