icon

2006 tsx viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Yup. Just finished double checking all the idatalink connections as you recommended above and everything is as it should be.
I just reset the idatalink module and reprogrammed. Tried doing a tach learning with the Viper valet switch and nothing.
Door lock leads from the Viper system are (+). Do I need to put a relay on each of these to make them (-)? The door lock/unlock wires on the idatalink are (-). This is probably my problem with the locks.
I've not connected the following wires:
Domelight
horn
defogger
door lock (because of the polarity difference).
Also, this morning when I remote started with the key in the ignition, the car starts and runs, but the viper system continues to engage the starter, so I hear some grinding.
Damn!!!
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Disregard the last comment on starter grind.  I forgot I changed the tach  jumper switch on the XVL and it appears that this what caused it.  Still need to resolve the door lock/unlock situation.

Thanks.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

...and the immobilzer/ key bypass issue.  Car starts with key but does not start with key out.

Thanks

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

Ok...Stupid ROOKIE mistake.  I had the door lock wires crossed from the XVL to the idatalink - blue to green and green to blue.  Changed these to match and wha-la!!!!! Door lock/unlock, arm/disarm, and most important of all, the rs works flawless.

Still need to hook up horn and defogger and I'll be done.

Using a relay for the defogger.

Will I need a relay for the horn?  The low beep does not sound when arming.  I'd imagine that it's because the horn wire from the XVL is not connected.

Thanks

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know if you already have this info?

Rear defrost is BLACK / YELLOW in drivers kick, harness from back of fuse box. Needs a (POS)+ latched trigger.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

I don't know if you already have this info?

Rear defrost is BLACK / YELLOW in drivers kick, harness from back of fuse box. Needs a (POS)+ latched trigger.

I did not.  Thanks for the info.  I will defintely use.

Also, still trying to troubleshoot something.  When I lock the car, it locks and sets the alarm.  That's exactly what it should do.  However, when I hit the remote start to start the car, the alarm/panic starts waling.  I have to press the brake pedal, horn still sounding, and use my OEM remote to turn it off.  I'm guessing that it's programming in the Viper remote?????  Any thoughts????

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

as kartuneman mentioned, you need a postive latched trigger for defrost.. a relay will be required.

Take the ground out when running (status output) from XVL, connect that to a relay like below

85 - constant 12volts

86 - ground out when running
87 - constant 12volt
30 - to rRear defrost  wire (BLACK / YELLOW)  @ drivers kick panel.

1) Also, still trying to troubleshoot something.  When I lock the car, it locks and sets the alarm.  That's exactly what it should do.  However, when I hit the remote start to start the car, the alarm/panic starts waling.  I have to press the brake pedal, horn still sounding, and use my OEM remote to turn it off.  I'm guessing that it's programming in the Viper remote?????  Any thoughts????

you car does have factory alarm wires. Since you purchased the idatalink module, the module should disarm it through data. In order for the unit to disarm the factory alarm or detects if the starter has been engaged, the start wire input on the idatalink (BLACK/ white) must be connected to the purple wire from the XVL relay pack. When 12volts is sent to "start" the idatalink will pick up that info and disarm the car. make sure u connect this wire (BLACK/ white) from idl, to purple start wire from xvl.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond,
Thanks for the help bro. I did attach the BLACK/ white from the idatalink to the purple wire from the XVL relay pack. I wonder if it came apart while I was taping everything up under the steering column.
Any other reason why it would do this?
For the defogger, if I use the wiring as below, what do a I do with the defogger wire from the XVL?
85 - constant 12volts
87 - constant 12volt
30 - to rRear defrost wire (BLACK / YELLOW) @ drivers kick panel.
Also, do I need a relay for my horn wire from my XVL? Or, just hook up to the horn connector under the steering column left (brown connector)?
Thanks again for your patience and for helping me out, bro.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

1)Thanks for the help bro. I did attach the BLACK/ white from the idatalink to the purple wire from the XVL relay pack. I wonder if it came apart while I was taping everything up under the steering column. Any other reason why it would do this?

to be honest, it could be anything. but i have experiance and have seen some if my wires come undone from pulling. just double check and you should be good. and NP man, always glad to help.

2)For the defogger, if I use the wiring as below, what do a I do with the defogger wire from the XVL?

85 - constant 12volts
87 - constant 12volt
30 - to rRear defrost wire (BLACK / YELLOW) @ drivers kick panel.

well i forgot that viper has dedicated outputs for defroster, must have had a brain fart ahaha. well wire it up like above, BUT just change ground out when running (86) to defogger wire from the XVL.

3) Also, do I need a relay for my horn wire from my XVL? Or, just hook up to the horn connector under the steering column left (brown connector)? Thanks again for your patience and for helping me out, bro.

to play it safe, i suggest you use a relay. Im not sure if that wire will trigger a relay to do it, or it can be direct to the horn. maybe some1 can clear that up-but for not, use a relay. wire it up like so.

85 - Constant 12v

86 - horn ouput wire from VXL
70 - high current ground
30 - to horn wire on car (brown connector)

tedmond 
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

ANDD......NP bro, always willin to help ahaha. maybe when im old enough myself to get my own TSX, ill be comming back for your help! since you must know you car inside and out after this tauting install

Cheers !

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic