icon

2006 tsx viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
The blk/white Starter input is was secured to purple and blk/wht on starter side.
Damn! now I'm really confused.???????
Car starts when the security is not armed but will set the alarm when the attempting to remote start and the alarm is armed.
I'm cluless at this point.
Please, can someone help.
Thanks
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'm stumped!!!
When I lock the car with the Viper remote, the factory alarm is armed. I wait 15 sec or so, and click the Viper remote to remote start. As soon as the starter engages the factory alarm starts to sound (loud horn). I have to press on the brake and click the OEM remote “unlock” for the alarm to turn off. However, If I don’t lock the car - not engaging the factory alarm - I can remote start the vehicle just fine.
In short, when the alarm is set I cannot use the remote start cause it will cause the OEM alarm to sound.
I thought I would share how I've connected everything together. Maybe I have something connected wrong that someone can point out.
Below are my connections:
VIPER RELAY SATTELITE MODULE:
*Purple starter wire - Blk/ylw Starter Side
*Green Key side starter wire - Blk/Ylw Key side
*(2)Red 12V Constant input - White (Battery on car)
*Orange accessory output - White red(ACC on Car)
*Pink/White 2nd ign - Blk/Red (Ignition 2 on car)
*Pink Ignition output - Blk/Ylw (Ignition 1 on car)
*RED / White 12V constant - NOT USING THIS ONE AT ALL. Removed the 30 amp fuse and taped up.
*Blue (-) status input to IDATALINK Blue/white “ground out when running”
*Orange (-) 200mA 2nd ACC output (NOT USING)
*Violet (-) 200mA starter output (NOT USING)
*Pink (-) 200mA 3rd ignition output (NOT USING)
*Relay Satellite Ribbon Harness is connected to Viper
VIPER MODULE
*Green Door Lock - IDATALINK lock (-) Grn/Blk
*Blue Door Unlock - IDATALINK unlock (-) Blue/Blk
H1-PLUG
*RED / White (-) 200mA channel 2 output - IDATALINK Trunk (-) input RED / White
*Red 12V Constant input - Red 12V Constant input above in Viper Relay Module
*Brn(-) Horn Honk output - Not connected yet - will connect w/ a relay to brown connector under steering wheel
*Black ground connected with IDATALINK “ground black” and BLACK/ white “neutral safety” input from H3, all three connected to the same ground point on the car.
*Violet (NOT USED)
*Blue (-) 2nd unlock output (NOT USING)
*Green (NOT USED)
*BLACK/ White (-) 200mA dome light (NOT USING)
*WHITE/ Blue(-) activation input (NOT USING)
*White (+/-) parking light output ŕ to
*Orange ground when armed output (NOT SUING)
H2- PLUG
**I did not use this connector at all since the IDATALINK handles alarm arm/disarm
*Light GREEN/ Black (-) Fatory alarm disarm
*Gray/Black (-) wait to start input
*GREEN / WHITE (-) Factory alarm rearm
*Violet/Black (-) 200mA channel 4 output
H3-PLUG
*Black White neutral safety - paired with IDATALINK ground wire and ground from H1 and grounded to car at same location.
*Violet/White tach input - IDATALINK tach output PURPLE / White
*Brown (+) brake shutdown input - WHITE/ Blk on switch above brake pedal
*Gray (-) Hoodpin shutdown input - IDATALINK Yellow Hood (-) output
*Blue/White (-) 200mA 2nd status/defogger - Not connected yet, will be connecting with a relay.
IDATALINK MODULE
*Ground out when running Blue White - Blue (-) status output on Viper Relay Satellite
*Ground black - Connected to H1 ground and H3 Neutral Safety input and grounded at same location
*12V Red - to (2) red 12V constant input on Relay Satellite module
*Lock (-) input Grn/Blk - Green on Viper Main Module
*Unlock (-) input Blu/Blk - Blue on Viper Main Module
*Trunk (-) input RED / White - RED / White (-) 200mA channel 2 output
*Left Sliding Door (-) input Purp/Ylw (NOT USING)
* Left Sliding Door (-) input RED / White (NOT USING)
*Starter input Blk/white - Purple starter wire on Viper Relay Satellite
*Door/Trunk Status (-) output Green (NOT USING)
*Tach Output PURPLE / White - H3 Violet/White tach input
*Wht/Blk Security light input - Cut Orange #5 pin (Key Side) of Immobilizer 7 pin connector by ignition
*WHITE/ Red Security light output - Cut Orange #5 pin (front of car side) of Immobilizer 7 pin connector by ignition
*Yellow Hood (-) Output - H3 Gray (-) hood pin shut down
*ORANGE / Black Key Data - Red #2 pin Immobilizer 7 pin connector by ignition
*Orange Door lock Data - #4 BROWN / Red 21 pin connector Driver side fuse box
*Pink Ignition input - #6 pin of Immobilizer 7 pin connector by ignition
Again, any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

It (for whatever reason) seems your factory security is NOT being disarmed upon remote start. Has the istallation mode been properly selected?

Can you use the H2 factory disarm, and connect it to the cars disarm?

Based on your descriptions on your install... I believe this is an idata problem, either with the method of programing not being correct.....or a connection

not being made properly made. Like this one?

on type  1 installs, it says this is not used?

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan,

Yup, I've selected the correct mode, two blinks as indicated by the idatalink instructions for hardwired installation.

I'm calling their Tech support tomorrow.  Hopefully they're open.

KarTuneMan wrote:
Based on your descriptions on your install... I believe this is an idata problem, either with the method of programing not being correct.....or a connection

not being made properly made. Like this one?

If not to the Purple starter wire, then where? 

Thanks

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
I called idatalink tech support this morning and they said I had to program the Viper 160XVL unit to unlock as soon as I press the remote start. This will disarm and unlock the doors before the starter engages. The system will then arm as soon as the car statrts. Makes sense, I guess, since the locks do not unlock when the remote start is engaged.
Does anyone know how to program this unit to unlock when pressing the remote start button on the key fob?
Thanks in advance.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

I called idatalink tech support this morning and they said I had to program the Viper 160XVL unit to unlock as soon as I press the remote start. This will disarm and unlock the doors before the starter engages. The system will then arm as soon as the car statrts. Makes sense, I guess, since the locks do not unlock when the remote start is engaged.Does anyone know how to program this unit to unlock when pressing the remote start button on the key fob? 

hey i was thinking about it and was gonna post some info for you, but for some reason on my other pc, it wouldnt let me log on. Well, i was thinking like tech support mentioned, to unlock, start the car then (pulse after start) to lock/arm the factory alarm. If anything, give this a shot. take your factory disarm output from the XVL, wire that to the idatalink unlock input. place a diode inline on the factory disarm and the unlock wire from the XVL.  White band towards alarm. I dont know if that will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking. I may be wrong, but its worth a shot. Also, viper units do offer the pulse after start and pulse before start, but not sure how to get to it from the programming procedure.  

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

finally got my hands on the manual for the XVL.

programming option

1-13 FACTORY ALARM DISARM—WITH UNLOCK, BEFORE UNLOCK, REMOTE START ONLY: In the default setting thefactory alarm disarm output will disarm the factory alarm system any time the button(s) controlling Unlock is pressed.The “Before Unlock” output to disarms the factory alarm before the unlock output activates and before remote start is activated. The “Remote Start Only” output disarms the factory alarm only before the remote start is activated. SET IT TO FACTIRY ALARM DISARM DURING REMOTE START ONLY.

looks like you having a lot of frun with this unit bro. I suggest you try connecting the FACTORY DISARM from xvl to the idata. diode isolate the unlock and the factory disarm wires with a diode white band facing the VXL. The catch is, the PULSE sent by the disram wire goes to the idatalink. The idatalink will think it is an unlock pulse so it will unlock doors, Car will start without alarm going off. However, I am postive that viper has the auto function that if the FAD disarm wire is used on remote start, the ARM wire will lock the doors after it has started. acts kind of like the (pulse after start). Try that and see if it works for you. You might end up using the FAD disarm and FAD Arm wire and tie that into your lock and unlock. I will try to get some more info for you. 

Merry Christmas to all @ 12volts

CHEERS !!! 2006 tsx viper remote start - Page 5 -- posted image.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

Well, i was thinking like tech support mentioned, to unlock, start the car then (pulse after start) to lock/arm the factory alarm. If anything, give this a shot. take your factory disarm output from the XVL, wire that to the idatalink unlock input. place a diode inline on the factory disarm and the unlock wire from the XVL.  White band towards alarm. I dont know if that will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking. I may be wrong, but its worth a shot. Also, viper units do offer the pulse after start and pulse before start, but not sure how to get to it from the programming procedure.  

Thanks bro.  So, keep wiring connections as I already have but make the XVL Factory disarm addition and use two diodes like this?

*factory disarm output from XVL----diode #1---idatalink unlock input

*unlock wire from the XVL----diode #2----idatalink unlock input

Please confirm.

Thanks

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

finally got my hands on the manual for the XVL.

programming option

1-13 FACTORY ALARM DISARM—WITH UNLOCK, BEFORE UNLOCK, REMOTE START ONLY: In the default setting thefactory alarm disarm output will disarm the factory alarm system any time the button(s) controlling Unlock is pressed.The “Before Unlock” output to disarms the factory alarm before the unlock output activates and before remote start is activated. The “Remote Start Only” output disarms the factory alarm only before the remote start is activated. SET IT TO FACTIRY ALARM DISARM DURING REMOTE START ONLY.

looks like you having a lot of frun with this unit bro. I suggest you try connecting the FACTORY DISARM from xvl to the idata. diode isolate the unlock and the factory disarm wires with a diode white band facing the VXL. The catch is, the PULSE sent by the disram wire goes to the idatalink. The idatalink will think it is an unlock pulse so it will unlock doors, Car will start without alarm going off. However, I am postive that viper has the auto function that if the FAD disarm wire is used on remote start, the ARM wire will lock the doors after it has started. acts kind of like the (pulse after start). Try that and see if it works for you. You might end up using the FAD disarm and FAD Arm wire and tie that into your lock and unlock. I will try to get some more info for you. 

Yup...lots of fun.  :)  It was supposed to be a 3-5 hours install...NOT!!!!!!  :)

Anyway, I was reading the exact programming code you referenced above.  After reading 1-13 about 15 times I came to the conclusion that this would only work if I had the FAD arm and disarm wiring from the XVL connected.  Which they are not.  So, I was just going to connect these wires to the Idatalink lock unlock wires. But what happens to the XVL lock/unlock wires that are currently connected to idatalink?

thanks

tedmond 
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro.  So, keep wiring connections as I already have but make the XVL Factory disarm addition and use two diodes like this?

*factory disarm output from XVL----diode #1---idatalink unlock input

*unlock wire from the XVL----diode #2----idatalink unlock input

Please confirm.

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

yeap that is correct.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic