the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 tsx viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Anyway, I was reading the exact programming code you referenced above.  After reading 1-13 about 15 times I came to the conclusion that this would only work if I had the FAD arm and disarm wiring from the XVL connected.  Which they are not.  So, I was just going to connect these wires to the Idatalink lock unlock wires. But what happens to the XVL lock/unlock wires that are currently connected to idatalink?

just keep them connected, and just diode isolate the wires.so diodes on these lines

Lock diode 1

Unlock diode 2
Factory Arm diode 3
Factory Disarm diode 4

ALL DIODES (white band) facing towards alarm or away from idatalink.

m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

Anyway, I was reading the exact programming code you referenced above.  After reading 1-13 about 15 times I came to the conclusion that this would only work if I had the FAD arm and disarm wiring from the XVL connected.  Which they are not.  So, I was just going to connect these wires to the Idatalink lock unlock wires. But what happens to the XVL lock/unlock wires that are currently connected to idatalink?

just keep them connected, and just diode isolate the wires.so diodes on these lines

Lock diode 1

Unlock diode 2
Factory Arm diode 3
Factory Disarm diode 4

ALL DIODES (white band) facing towards alarm or away from idatalink.

It WORKED!!!!

Only one more problem.  When I lock with Viper remote (Blue LED flashes indicating Viper system locked the car and armed Factory alarm), I click to remote start and starter engages but car does not start.  Does this three times.  However, if I don't lock the car with the Viper remote (blue LED flashing), the car remote starts just fine  and locks the car

Why won't it start when locked with Viper remote/ Blue LED flashing?

Thanks

m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

Disregard the last post.  I just went out and locked with Viper remote, blue LED flashing, factory alarm armed, I remote started and what you do know, it started just fine.

I tried this 4 or 5 times earlier today and nothing.  I hope this Remote start thing is not that sensitive.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

it it bugs out sometimes, it could be from the starter wire. Did u decide to do the start kill? or just go PURPLE from XVL straight to starter wire oncar?

well good to know that so called 5 hour job became a 2 week job. but hey you got it done on xmas. its a nice gift to yourself. Getting into a nice warm car with the rear window clear of ICE and snow ahah

CHEERS BRO! have good one

Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic