Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. I will do it tomorrow.
usermdr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
No, didnt work but was one change when I turned the ignition ON/OFF. Before (no ignition connected) I had a solid red after that 1 flash on DBALL. With the pink wire from the black harness connected to ignition I had solid red until I turned the ignition off and after a wile I had 1 red flash.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
So still effectively the same. I hate to say this but try W2W instead of D2D?
usermdr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. Next month I will return to Romania and I will do it there.
Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
Don't forget if you go W2W you don't need to connect the starter outputs, brake or clutch bypass, tach, dark blue GWR wire, brake switch etc. Just doors, hood and trunk, lock unlock, ignition, indicators from the 5906 to the DB-ALL2
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
So still effectively the same. I hate to say this but try W2W instead of D2D?
I hate to say you two likely aren't going to get away with just the two CAN wires attached to the vehicle. At least not when programming is concerned. Here goes the logic, the DBAll as part of programming involves inserting the key and pressing it on. There are dedicated wires to the DBAll to detect both of these events directly (I have made this conclusion). Without having knowledge of how the firmware works you can't determine that your unconnected wires aren't the cause of your problems.
Simply, stubbornness is biting you in the ass. IMHO 5704v to dball2 d2d and no remote start - Page 5 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
In theory CAN, 12V+, ground and not even an ignition input* according to the relevant diagram but two of us have come a cropper here so that's why I'm suggesting W2W.
*Ignition output is generated via the DB-ALL from the CAN wires. I've looked at the damned relevant diagram till I was blue in the face, tried and reflashed the modules twice, can't think of anything else, by the way the modules were from two different batches.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
In theory CAN, 12V+, ground and not even an ignition input* according to the relevant diagram but two of us have come a cropper here so that's why I'm suggesting W2W.
*Ignition output is generated via the DB-ALL from the CAN wires. I've looked at the damned relevant diagram till I was blue in the face, tried and reflashed the modules twice, can't think of anything else, by the way the modules were from two different batches.
Don't see how W2W makes a difference, the alarm/rs unit need not be present to program a bypass module.
If you spent more time connecting wires than starting at the diagram you'd be done by now 5704v to dball2 d2d and no remote start - Page 5 -- posted image.
By both your extreme opposition of going at the ignition switch wiring I can only conclude doing so is as difficult as changing a clutch in a front wheel drive manual transmission car.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ha Ha I did try the DB-ALL without the RS connected, power ground CAN and ignition but not the pink, and it still didn't work hence my thoughts on the pink at the back plug.
It's that old conundrum Catback, follow the wiring diagram or your own common sense.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
What wiring diagram are you following? Idatalink, Xpresskit, and Fortin all hook up more than just power, ground, ignition (XK doesn't make vehicle connection), and CAN to these Audi's.
Your assuming you fully understand what the module does with all it's wires but your also the one having issues after following "Your (custom)" install guide.
Oh well what can I say, stare at the diagram more I guess. Maybe it'll work if you stare at it some more. Usermdr already tried your pink at the black plug idea. I don't believe the DBall turns off that input in D2D mode.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic