icon

prestige aps-787n, 07 hyundai sonata

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snakeiz 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

Where are you getting wiring colors info from, the one i got are from bulldogsec. and says pink/black for lock and yellow/black for unlock,  factory alarm disarm Orange and doesnt say anything else.

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

So put diode on orange and on brown  to meet up at the green from the unit.

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

The Pink/black and Yellow/black wires are the wires from the power door lock switch.  The unlock does not operate when the vehicle is armed.   If you look at factory disarm from most sources, you will see orange listed.  This is the signal from the driver's door key cylinder.  A double pulse will both disarm and unlock the doors.   You have the diodes correct. 

Both Brown and Orange wires are found in the gray 24Pin connector in the driver's kick (pins 1 & 3).

Lectric Guy
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
I ordered a 25 pack of 1n4003 for 4 $   radio shack only had two . I get what your saying now  i just didnt see where brown was coming from since its not in the diagram. Thanks
2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

I started to run the wires but i noticed i have a hood swicth and a trunk swicth does anyone know if its in the kick panel and what colors or plug if so should i look for Thanks Or should i just run the pin?

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  

OEM Hood Pin:GREEN (-) At Switch Or 24 Pin WHITE Conn at BCM Pin #24 or driver kick

trunk pin GREEN/ BLACK (-) 24 PIN PLUG AT BCM-PIN 23 * ** or driver kick

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

Snakeiz-

Not to confuse you, but the data I reference is from Hyundai's Service Database for a 2007 2.4L Sonata.   Always test your wires first before making any connections.   I would connect both of these signals through a diode as indicated:

Hood Pin:  Passenger's Kick Panel, the (Lowest) Gray 39 Pin Plug, Pin 30, Green Wire.  Can also be found at the BCM,  Connector A (Leftmost connector, Pin 24, Green Wire.  Diode cathode (Band) toward hood pin.

Trunk Pin:  Driver's Kick Panel, the (Lowest)  18 Pin Brown Connector, Pin 2.  This will have 2 GREEN/ black wires.   Also can be found on BCM Connector A, Pin 23, GREEN/ Black Wire.  Diode cathode (Band) toward Trunk pin.

Lectric Guy
snakeiz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks, i had started yesturday i got all the ING, wiring done and the door locks and trunk with the diodes , Is there any diodes needed for the parking lights? The arm and disarm wiring am leaving for last do to some say its not needed because it disarms it at the ING.. Also i seen your older post on where to find the tach wire Thanks

2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

No diodes needed for Parking lights (Negative at light switch).  Tach is in the Blue 33Pin connector in the Drivers Kick, Pin 28, White Wire.

Lectric Guy
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need even a single diode for this car. Not one. This is way less complicated than it seems.
The "two parking light wires" is a bunch of BS that the people who make the crappy tech sheets put out. It's because they're too lazy to differentiate U.S. and Canadian/export models.
The car also has individual wires for lock, unlock, factory alarm arm, and factory alarm disarm. The Prestige unit has the appropriate outputs to connect to these.
Anyway........first of all, you do have a meter or at least a test light and know how to use it, correct? You shouldn't make any connection to anything in the car without testing.
OK here we go:
PARKING LIGHTS: I get them positive trigger at the dimmer switch on the dash. They're either blue or orange, I forget. That one wire will light up the whole car. (You could also choose to use the negative-trigger wire coming down the steering column, if you prefer.)
LOCK: Pink/black in driver kick panel. Tests as ground when locking the doors using the switch on the door panel. Connect Audiovox red here.
UNLOCK: Yellow/black in driver kick panel. Tests as ground when locking the doors using the switch on the door panel. Connect Audiovox green here.
ARM: Yellow in driver kick panel. Tests as ground when turning the key to the lock position in the outside of the driver's door. Connect Audiovox BLACK/ green "pulse after start" here. (The BLACK/ green also pulses when you arm the Audiovox unit, and therefore arms the factory alarm.)
DISARM: Orange in driver kick panel. Tests as ground when turning the key to the unlock position in the outside of the driver's door. Connect Audiovox BLACK/ blue "pulse beforer start" here. (The BLACK/ blue also pulses when you disarm the Audiovox unit, and therefore disarms the factory alarm.)
--------LOCKS, DONE, NO DIODES OR MESSING AROUND0---------
Other wires you asked for:
     Hood Trigger          GREEN          (-)          AT BCM MODULE BEHIND CENTER CONSOLE UNDER A/C CONTROLS
(connect Audiovox gray/black here)
Trunk Trigger          GREEN/ BLACK          (-)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL
(Connect Audiovox dark green here)
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic