the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

suggestions alarm r/s nissan maxima 04

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  

Another 2 cents....

First decide how elaborate you want to go.  A basic alarm will monitor the doors, hood and truck.  Then comes shock sensors, motion sensors, glass sensors, proximity/warn away sensors.  Don't forget battery back up, window roll-ups, etc.  All of this adds to the cost, time to install and setup / programming of the alarm.

Next comes the type of remote transmitters.  There are one way, two way, LCD display, long range.  Drone and iPhone...   Again, the price goes up with the features.

As a DITYer, you will not have the programming tools the Professional Installers have.  Things like BitWriter, OP500, XKLoader, ADS USB cable, FlashLink cable make things easier.  Also you will not have full access to the alarm & bypass manufacturer Tech Support.  And of course, there would be no "lifetime warranty" because the item wasn't installed by an authorized dealer.

All of the above should be taken into consideration before you make any purchase.

A few tips:

Most DEI bypass modules need the correct firmware loaded ( flashed ) on to them with a special USB cable. 

The iDatalink Solo series bypass modules come pre-loaded with the correct firmare, but it might not be the latest version, depending on where you by it.

All the Fortin bypass modules come peloaded but might not be the latest version, depending on where you buy it.

The major Alarm/Remote Start manufacturers ( DEI, Compustar, etc) all make good products.  They differ in price, features and avalability.  If you are not familiar with the brand / model, a lot of reasearch would be needed to see if it met your needs.

Check with your local install shops for their recommendation and price.  While they will promote their preferred brands, you will get some good ideas.  Choose a name brand.  It will make your life easier if you need support and when you sell the car.  Some no name brand from "Online Auctions" might be less expensive but getting support will be diffcult and reliability is a major concern ( just reading the poorly translated install guides would be a major issue ).  As mentioned earlier, the most important part is the actual install.  Done correctly, you will have no problems and, aside from replacing the remotes batteries occasionally, excellent performance.

My personal choice would be a Compustar CM6000 with the RF-2WG5-SS remotes and the iDatalink ADS-DLSL CA2 bypass module.  But I have theCompustar OP500  programmer and the iDatalink ADS USB cable to program and flash the units.

Soldering is fun!
juan05 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks tedmond and smokeman1, Thanks for the tips i will definitely test every wire and double check it. Im going to take a look at the fortin bypass also ,i was thinking of getting a viper alarm r/s i hear alot of good things about them. I find this site SUPER helpful cause of installers like you guys willing to help out diy youre self guys like me. I didnt know you could donate to it,I will definitely give a contribution. Hopefully i get everything orderd today and ill let you guys know how it went. Thanks
Everyday u learn something new
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

kreg357 brings up many excellent other points to consider. All which add to the cost and time involved.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

what kreg said....suggestions alarm r/s nissan maxima 04 - Page 2 -- posted image.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
juan05 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for adding 2 more cents kreg you gave me alot alot of great information. Thanks to everybody who took thier time to help me out. I hope all you guys have a happy thanks giving . Hopefully my next post is about a smoth and successful install.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
get the smallest wire splicers you can find and take your time. Google anything Maxima you may find someone that has probably have it all out there considering its a common car.
juan05 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
thanks thack will do. Ok this is with what i went with AUTOPAGE C3-RS1100 and the < color=#002398> iDatalink ADS-DLSL-C​A2.  I payed an extra 5 bucks to get the firmware load on the module. Has anyone done this combo before?Any helpfull tips? im planning on doing this install next weekend guys thanks for all your help.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

The iDatalink bypass module is a good choice but will only handle the immobilizer for you on the 2004 Maxima ( unless the BCM was upgraded ).  Follow the ADS ALSL NI install guide for a Type 1 install.  You won't need to connect the lock, unlock, trunk, tach, door status, trunk status or  hood status wires to theiDatalink  module as they are not operational for your 2004 Maxima application.  All of those connections will be from the AutoPage brain directly to the car.

Soldering is fun!
juan05 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
I was just looking at the chart in the idatalink website and saw that thanks for giving me the heads up. Now i also saw that i have 2 starter and 2 acc . The autopage has a 2 nd starter but not a 2 nd acc . I will have to use a relay and i am seeing diffrent ways to wire it up . Can u tell me how to do it?
kreg357 
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

Not too familiar with the AutoPage unit, but it looks like it has a (-) Accessory 2 output.  You can use that for the ACC2 wire in the car.  Get A 30/40 Amp SPDT relay and an inline fuse holder with a 20 Amp fuse.  Wire as follows:

Relay Pin 85 to AutoPage (-) Accessory 2 output

Relay Pin 86 and Pin 87 to +12v constant thru fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Maxima ACC2 wire
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic