code alarm ca6225

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
topless stang 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Actually it's not the KLON process but just a firmware flash on the module.   Some Best Buys are pretty helpful and will do it for free or a nominal fee.  An alternative to the FLCAN is the PKALL bypass module ( $40 ).     Link to PKALL info :    http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=196
I have the right Faw flashed to the unit, but I. The install doc it says you have to connect it to a PC to use Klon. I'm having zero luck pulling out this BCM, my hats off to you guys who do this on the regular lol.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
Which firmware / version is flashed on your FLCAN and what is the install guide document number?  The KLON process shouldn't be necessary for your vehicle.
Soldering is fun!
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Which firmware / version is flashed on your FLCAN and what is the install guide document number?  The KLON process shouldn't be necessary for your vehicle.
It said its needed if I only have one key. I have tb fm2 flashed to it. Have you any any experience removing the BCM on a Mazda5? I have been trying for hours and have had no luck with Internet searches or physically trying different things...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
Take a photo and post it.
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
Using iPad/iPhone, so I can't while I'm doing this. I think these bolts are just super tight. I'm going to go get some liquid wrench...the knockoff wd40 I have here isn't cutting the mustard....
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
After I finished the first couple harnesses I connected the brain and battery to test. Everything was working so far, so I took a nap and had dinner....now I'm back at it. I had a question... What would you connect the Instant trigger wire to? I was thinking the trunk pin switch. Am I correct in thinking that the instant trigger will automatically trigger the alarm, no warning chirps and if the alarm is not armed the instant trigger does nothing if tripped?
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2012 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like something's not right.....I finished all of the connections and thru testing I identified 2 problems.
1. The unit will unlock the doors, but will not lock them. It doesn't seem to matter if I have the 1k ohm resistor tied into the 451m lock wire or not.
2. Parking lights don't flash. I wired them up as positive using a +12v source, but Im guessing the polarity is negative so I'll try that next.
Hopefully I can get some idea around the locking issue. Also, this alarm is weird....my Viper chirps once for arm and twice for disarm but this Audiovox is different. It chips once for disarm and twice for arm...weird.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
From your last post I'm wondering whether you have even read the instructions or tested anything in the car.
That's with reference to the lighting polarity and the locks not working.
Your approach is going to mean this $$$$$$
If you read your manual it will tell you about correct the chirp sequence, Cliffords always did 2 arm and one disarm, Viper the other way round. There's no convention here, depended on how the mnufacturer designed and built the alarm.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
And yes, hood and trunk pin are instant triggers.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2012 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
This is the lock wiring, similar to this picture though you only use the one resister and 2 x 1N4004 diodes:-
6CB_multiplex_via_relays.bmp
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic