icon

strange wiring issue, alarm, 2010 edge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
topless stang 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
U guy have been invaluable, ill try that out as soon as I get back one, especially since I know to test now!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

X 2 with flobee4 ( and all above ).  The Violet/White at the Headlight switch is not the same wire or function as the listed Violet/White (+) Parking Light wire at the SJB ( or DPK ).  It is best to stay away from the Headlight switch and get the Parking Lights at the SJB or DKP. 

Soldering is fun!
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
You must have the wrong wire for the lights. In the DKP its there 3 wires in green or black tape ? There Along the harness in the sill plate. There should be 3 wires 2 PURPLE / white 1 of them is brake, the other is parking lights also there should be a blue/green wire which should be door lock from the passenger switch.   
If you do have the correct wire maybe you blew a fuse in the truck causing your lights not to work ?
Where is this sill plate you speak of? Passenger side or DKP?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
DKP under where you step you need to remove the plastic cover and the wire will be in there
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Or in the Queen's English, carpet edge plate, goes with wings bumpers and HRW.
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys. Everything is apparently connected. The only thing is the alarm won't trigger...I didn't connected the shock sensor, so I'm only testing by opening the door after the alarm is armed. No siren sounds when it's opened. I have the door trigger wire connected to a gray/purple wire in the DKP. I was able to test the wire and saw that it goes to 12v if the dome light comes on or if the door is opened. I didn't connect the instant trigger, but I didn't know I had to. Any ideas? Is there a different wire to connect to, or do I also need to connect the neg dome light wire?
topless stang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
Apparently something had it out for me with this install...I previously installed this alarm in my wife's Mazda5. It was only in there for about 3 months before she traded in. I took it out myself and it sat boxed up waiting to go into the Edge. I say this because it was working perfectly fine in the Mazda5....fast forward to today and nothing is tripping the alarm...turns out security was disabled and I had to enable the security feature! It was never disabled and it was working fine in the Mazda....go figure. At least it's done (after 8 pages!!) and I can finally hand her the keys. I wouldn't have been able to get it taken care of without all of the people who responded in these 8 pages. I can not thank you enough! Not only was I able to nstall it with your help, I can also troubleshoot and plan out my install much better with the use of a DMM. Thanks again guys!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
topless stang wrote:
... with the use of a DMM...
That is the key point here... lol. ALWAYS check everything with the DMM. Never just assume the diagrams are correct.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic