icon

2011 mazda 3 dball problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I put in a new brain and i was able to do everything that I wanted to do. Works out pretty slick. think the brain was bad as the bitwriter talks with the new brain. Starting to go away from DEI products cause they are hit or miss if you get a new one. Just picked up Excalibur/Arctic start(compustar)/Autopage
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Quality control isn't what it used to be for any electronics company. If you use any one brand for any period of time your chances of getting a bad one are very good. If you start getting multiple bad ones then it would be time to change either model line or brand depending on the problem.
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
I switched brands Compustar/Excalibur/Arctic Start/Autopage. We will see how these do also got away from xpresskit and went to Idatalink.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Even then changing brand dosen't mean your changing manufacture. DEI bought out a lot of the competition. So as to corner the market and continue to sell to cross competeing markets. So DEI essentials, xpresskit, Omega, and fortin are all the same product line different sticker or plastic case.
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
@lurch228
DEI does NOT own Fortin. However DEI's entire Optimax series are rebadged Fortin modules. The DB-ALL is NOT a rebadged EVO-ALL.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
MIDDLE DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
ORLANDO DIVISION
OMEGA PATENTS, LLC,
Plaintiff/Counter Defendant,
-vs- Case No. 6:05-cv-1113-Orl-22DAB
FORTIN AUTO RADIO, INC., and
DIRECTED ELECTRONICS, INC.,
Defendants/Counter Claimants.
Which the patents are owned by omega, as the idatalink and omegalink are the same thing.
Satkunas 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
lurch228 wrote:
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
MIDDLE DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
ORLANDO DIVISION
OMEGA PATENTS, LLC,
Plaintiff/Counter Defendant,
-vs- Case No. 6:05-cv-1113-Orl-22DAB
Defendants/Counter Claimants.
Which the patents are owned by omega, as the idatalink and omegalink are the same thing.
So let me get this right...
You think that because a company stands beside DEI in court that they must be "all the same product line different sticker or plastic case"?
The listing of the 2 separate company names in the case header should be the first clue that they are in fact 2 separate companies. If they were the same company then only DIRECTED ELECTRONICS would be listed.
lurch228 wrote:
Or did you just simply use google to try and find something to support this misconception?
If you still don't believe me please give me a call at Fortin and I'll have the President help verify the facts for you. 2011 mazda 3 dball problems - Page 6 -- posted image.
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Most of my installs are Compustar now. HAHA DEI has horrible horrible quality control. And I can tell you one thing OMEGA is not DEI, Never Had a bad Omega Product.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
If you actually read anything about the court case you would know what is what. And wouldn't be asumming things not said. FYI Omega sued Fortin and Directed for the non-payment of patent rights. As DEI is getting their stuff from fortin and not paying Omega. Omega is the R&D and idatalink is the manufacturing side making them for omega. As Fortin is manufacturing the bypasses and selling them to DEI. In the end all the technology is "mostly" owned by omega and licensed to all the other players. So if you want to contradict the facts with you own truth be my guest, as far as I am concerned I will buy what ever is cheapset out of the bunch not a name brand. Why buy idatalink when omegalink is cheaper and made by the same company for the R&D owner with a different label and part number!
Satkunas 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
lurch228 wrote:
If you actually read anything about the court case you would know what is what.
I have more privileged knowledge about this case than what was published. I'm trying to set the record straight because there appears to be a vast amount of misinformation being thrown around.
lurch228 wrote:
As DEI is getting their stuff from fortin and not paying Omega.
Not true. At the time of this court case Fortin was not manufacturing anything for DEI. At this time Fortin was only manufacturing the APDataLink Line for AutoPage. DEI's Optimax wasn't available until a few years after this court case.
lurch228 wrote:
In the end all the technology is mostly owned by Omega and licensed to all the other players.
Not true. 'Some' of the 'intellectual property' is licensed by Omega, but the majority of the 'technology' in each is owned by their respective owners. Just because products may share a similar license agreement does not make them equal, nor does it change the ownership of those products.
For example, Apple and Microsoft share several license agreements with each other. This does not mean that Apple 'owns' Microsoft, nor Microsoft 'owns' Apple, nor are Apple or Microsoft manufacture the same products with a different label.
lurch228 wrote:
Why buy idatalink when omegalink is cheaper and made by the same company for the R&D owner with a different label and part number!
Not true. idatalink (ADS) is also a separate independent company just like Fortin. Again, Omega does not 'own' either Fortin or ADS.
Perhaps I am missing your point. Feel free to clarify what you really meant.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic