the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

avital 5303l remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Chris,

Where did you find the photo of my first install!!? On the Titan

Just kiddin'...close to it.avital 5303l remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
levithan9 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey kreg,
I'm wiring the Relay Satellite Relay right now. Since I've got 3 heavy gauge wires going to the WHITE/ RED wire at the ignition switch, I took the H/5 RED and the H/7 RED / WHITE and spliced them into the H/3 RED wire. That way, I can connect only 1 wire to the WHITE/ RED wire.
As I was wiring the relay, you didn't specify where to put the 20 amp inline fuse. I'm assuming I can connect Pin 86 and 87 together, connect the inline fuse to both ends, and solder the other end to the H/3 RED wire that will be connected to the WHITE/ RED wire of thenignition switch. Am I correct ?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the relay fuse is on the wire connected to Pins 86 and 87.  If you combine the Avital's power wires, just join two
and try to keep the double loaded section very short before the junction with the Camry's supply wire.  I believe you
will find a very thick +12V constant supply wire at the fuse box that can used also.  Remember that each thick Avital
wire is rated at 30 Amps, so joining them all into one long run to the WHITE/ Red isn't a good idea ( think the WHITE/ Red
is rated at 50 Amps ).  I would strip off an inch of insulation from the WHITE/ Red and make two wire connections at
this point, H3 + H5 and H7 + Starter2 relay.
Soldering is fun!
levithan9 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

ok...i got alomst everything wired in, expect for the door triggers and the parking light flash. When i hit the remote start button, i get the little "chime", the dash lights turn on, the climate contorl turns on, and I get just a quick "pop" of the starter. It never lasts longer than 1 second. I've checked my fuses, ive checked my connections, the relay you asked me to wire in is clicking, but only for a split second.

Ive done the TACH learn, but still no good.

Ok...any suggestions ?

smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure that you don't need a bypass for this car?  Try putting the key in the ignition, do not turn it, then try to remote start. If it starts yor need a bypass.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Have you checked the Avitals Shutdown Diagnostics for a cause code?

Have you tried starting the car with a key and then going into PitStop Mode?

Did you program the Avital for Engine Checking = Tach Mode ( Menu 3, Item 1, Opt 4 )?

Soldering is fun!
levithan9 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok...I'm out in the garage, and I just figured it out. I had tipped into the PARK/NEUTRAL signal wire going to the PCM. I had installed the toggle switch between the H3/1 and the P/N switch input. I could start the car with the key ( it's just a plain metal key) but not with the remote start function. Well, I finally gave up for the night, and went inside to play some games. Well, started reading other posts, and came across one dealing with the P/N input. Since I know this camry won't start in gear- design is built in- I decited to try and remove the wire and just ground it. When I did...she started right up.
Man, once again, thanks for all you replies. I'll spend the next couple of days finishing the wiring. I'll need some help with doing the trunk latch relay, but other than that, mi about done with this.
I now have a better understand of what this job takes, and trust me, you guys have more patience that I do. And I understand that you guys should be paid what your worth doing stuff like this. And I never got into doing bypass kits. Thank god !,
kreg357 
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Good catch!  With most all newer auto trans vehicles it is perfectly safe to connect the Neutral Safety wire to chassis ground ( or EBrake ).
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear you got it going.  The Bulldog site has a very good diagram of a Neg(-) trunk pop relay set up on the wiring guide for the camr.
levithan9 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys, I've taken a few days off from working on the alarm. I'm about to get somewhat busy with it again. I did the 5 wire relay for the trunk, and I'll be damned....it works! All I have to do now is get the wiring all cleaned up. I decided to not install a hood pin switch, but rather just to ground it out.
NOW...for the door trigger, do I connect the H1/8 GREEN (-) door trigger input, zone 3 to the blue key sense wire for my door triggers?
Also, when I hit the LOCK button on the remote, all the doors will LOCK, but when i hit unlock, only the drivers door will UNLOCK. What am I doing wrong?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic