the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

avital 5303l remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Don't ground the Hood Pin input wire.  That will prevent a remote start.  You really should try to connect it

as it is an important safety feature.  If the car has the Factory Hood Pin, you can connect to this wire :
Hood Pin     Black (-)        @ theft ECU behind glove box
Another way is to install a tilt switch on the hood.  Easy to do, lasts a long time and only costs about $7.

The door unlock is normal ( called "priority unlock" ).   It's a safety feature of the vehicle in case someone

is hiding on the far side of the car, out of view, as you approach and unlock the car.  Anyway, if you want
all four doors to unloack at once, set the Avital to Unlock = Double Pulse or you could connect the Avital's
Unlock output to this wire ( info from Ready Remote ) :
Can also use the passenger door key cylinder wire for unlock, which only requires a single pulse. It is
 blue/white (-) in the passenger kick, door harness.

Here is the info on the Door Trigger ( also from Ready Remote ) :

Can also use the door ajar indicator wire, which will catch all doors. It is RED / black (-) at the upper left of the fuse box.

Soldering is fun!
dpb67 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I am getting ready to install the same RS on my wife's 2005 camry. I am pretty sure the wiring is the same, and this thread is a great time saver for me, but I had a few questions.
On the primary harness H1/2 (+)Red Constant Power Input - attatch this to the same 12V 30A(WHITE/ red) as the ones from the heavy gauge relay (H3,6 & 8 and 2nd starter relay)? Or use the 12V 5A (white) in the ignition harness? Or from somewhere else?
On H4/2 (-) Horn Output do I need to use a relay?
Also I am unclear on how to connect the H2/1 (-) Second Lock Output. The car is press once for drivers door unlock, twice for all doors. Do I need to connect this to retain that ability?
Last is H3/5 (-) 200mA rear defogger - any advice on where the wire is located and does this need a relay?
If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

For the Viper power input wires, don't use the Toyota's 5A wire at the ignition harness.  Connect everything to the

WHITE/ Red 30Amp wire, or better yet use the very thick +12V constant wire at the fuse box.

No need for a relay on the Horn output.  The car can use the Vipers (-) Horn output directly connected to the Camry's

Horn Trigger    GREEN/ Black  (-)      @ switch or bottom of fusebox, 24 pin plug

If you want to have the Progressive Unlock feature ( like the Factory Remotes ) just connect the Viper's Blue Unlock

wire directly to this wire : Power Unlock     Blue (double pulse)  (-)        DKP or BECU, top plug, pin 22   The first
Viper Unlock button press will unlock the drivers door and the second unlock ( within 2 seconds ) will unlock the rest.
H2/1 will not be used.

Here is some info on the Rear Defrost :

Rear Defrost    YELLOW /GREEN (-)    8 PIN CONN,FRT RT OF FUSE/JUNC BOX
Not positive ( test to be sure ) but a 7 minute (-) latch output should do it.

Soldering is fun!
dpb67 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2013 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the fast response Kreg, hopefully I can get started on the install this weekend. I did have another question.
I will not be installing the a alarm at the moment, just the starter and locks, and I saw your earlier post about not cutting the Starter 1 wire and leaving the Green (H2) wire unused. If I do cut it and attach H1 to the ignition side, H2 to the starter side, will that act as an anti-grind and prevent the starter from engaging with a key turn after a remote start?
Ok just one more question. Since I am not installing the alarm, do the door trigger wires need to be connected?
Thanks again, and thanks Chris for the wire locations, hopefully I can keep the post-prep install time under a day.
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2013 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  

Viper and Avital are not my usual brands.  I am using an older Avital 5303 install guide and it

very well could be out of date for your 5303L system.

I don't have any complete documentation on the Avital 5303L system.  It appears to be very

similar to standard Viper units.  If that is the case, here is the description of the Menu 3-13
Anti-Grind programming option :
3-13 Anti-Grind: On (1) OFF (2): With the anti-grind On (default) the GroundWhen-
Armed output is active during remote start operation. This activates the
starter kill relay and prevents the customer from re-cranking the car with the key,
when doing key takeover. If accessories such as a voice module or window
module are added to the unit, it may be necessary to use the two-chirp setting
to program this feature OFF.
This leads me to believe that cutting the vehicles Starter wire and connecting both Avital H1 Violet
and H2 Green wires to the correct sides of the cut starter wire will provide both Starter Kill and Anti-
Grind with 3-13 set to it's default ON setting.

Once again, same Viper / Avital warning.  Never tried connecting an Alarm system without making

all alarm connections.  Here is one "gothca".  If you plan on using the Avital remote FOB's for setting
the programming options ( instead of the BitWriter ) and this 5303L system is similar to the older 5303,
here is the first step ( and an important note ) from the install guide : 
1. Open a door. ((The GREEN wire, H1/8, or the VIOLET, H1/6 must be connected.)
The wires mentioned at the (-) or (+) Door Trigger wires.  You can get around this by just briefly touching
the Green (-) Door Trigger wire to chassis ground at this programming step.

Just a minor correction on a possible typo :

I will not be installing the a alarm at the moment, just the starter and locks, and I saw your earlier post about
not cutting the Starter 1 wire and leaving the Green (H2) wire unused. If I do cut it and attach H1 to the ignition
side, H2 to the starter side
, will that act as an anti-grind and prevent the starter from engaging with a key turn
after a remote start?
You have the H1 and H2 wire connections reversed.  H1 Violet goes to the starter ( vehicle ) side and H2 Green
goes to the key ( ignition switch ) side.

Soldering is fun!
dpb67 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2013 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg, I was a bit confused about the anti-grind but re-reading it it makes sense to me now. I was also going to attach the door trigger input for the purpose of programming, but I will wait until I do the alarm install later, and just use the green (-) to ground for now. Thanks again for saving me hours of time.
dpb67 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2013 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
After re-reading Chris Luongo's post about the wire locations, I realized I could just get the door trigger by connecting the H1/8 green (-) at the illumination ring wire, or do I need to use the H1/6 (+) violet door trigger wire?
Thanks!
levithan9 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

Hey dpb67.....after JUST finishing installing this alarm in my car, i thinbk i can help you out a little. For the door trigger, i used a red wire wire with silver dashes on it. It is located on the inside fuse box, left hand side, at the very top. This wire reported all 4 doors, and it was easier to run my wite to, as i ran alot of them down the left hand side amnd to the kick panel.

here is a picture. You see the red wire the clip is on...Thats NOT it. You then have a RED with YELLOW with SILVER DASH.....now, move over one more, to the red with SILVER DASH and thats the wire i used.

Let me know if you need any other pictures, as i still have not put all the covers back together.

avital 5303l remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.

levithan9 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Crap...i forgot to tell you...you need to use the H1/8 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER.
dpb67 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info and the pic levithan, I will look for that wire and test it out, I think the wiring s/b similar on my 2005. My relays didn't come yet so it will be a few days until I get under the dash, hopefully I have all the info I need.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic