the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start Wiring, 2008 Toyota Prius

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2023 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Happy to assist and glad it's working.
It is normal for a Toyota to turn off the RKE while the engine is running. I always use 4 button RS systems on these type installs. Anyway, the older install guide you are using does not show the wiring for the R/S Unlock wire. The newer ADS TBSL KO install guide does. Here is a link to that guide :
http://images2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/TB-KO/ADS-TBSL-KO-EN_20131003.pdf
Go to Page 65 for the wiring for your car.
I'm not positive that it will work. There could have been a firmware change but if the rest of the wiring is the same you could try adding the shown diode and Unlock wire to this vehicle wire :
Unlock    PINK (-)    DKP, BLUE CONNECTOR, PIN 13
The above wire should be right next to the Lock wire posted in my 4115 wire connections. Adding this diode and wire should give you Unlock from the Viper remote.
With a one button Viper 4115 system the Unlock function will only work while the engine is remote started. There is no ability to lock the car from the Viper remote.
Enjoy,
Kreg
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2023 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Gotcha I'll give it a shot. Appreciate you again my friend.
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2023 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
I'll repost my results when I get time to add the other diode for the door locks but I did come up with another question. My daughter wants me to do hers now (shocker lol). So I get to looking for the idatalink ads tbsl ko and it's pretty tough to find. Is there another (maybe even better) transponder you would recommend? Thanks in advance
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2023 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
What year, make and model car does your daughter have?
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2023 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Hers is an 05 Prius so same as mine. I think they're the same from 04 to 09.
kreg357 
Posted: December 27, 2023 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, 2004 thru 2010 are similar.
I would go with a Compustar CS925 remote start unit with a Blade TB bypass cartridge. There is an EBay seller that has this system listed and will flash the Blade TB with the correct (TL) firmware prior to shipment. Install will be similar and the two 4 Button remotes will provide RKE, including while running.
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2023 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Sounds good I will check that out. Thank you
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2024 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
I got around to trying the diode last night and there was still no response from the rke while the remote start was engaged. It seemed like in my year of research before I attempted the install I read where someone figured out how to make it work but can't find it for the life of me. Got any more ideas?
kreg357 
Posted: January 04, 2024 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Interesting. I'm pretty sure it should work. Just to verify your wiring, below is a clip from your older ADS TBSL-KO install guide and the added Unlock wire with diode.
Remote Start Wiring, 2008 Toyota Prius - Page 2 -- posted image. The connection point and the diode orientation is critical. You can test the vehicle wire with a Digital Multi Meter. Set to 20V DC, Red test lead to +12V constant and the Black test lead to the vehicles Pink Unlock wire. Insert the key into the drivers door lock cylinder and turn to Unlock. The DMM should go to +12V.
The other important thing is that the 4115 can/will output the Unlock signal only while the engine is running under a R/S. Additionally, you should set the 4115 to output a "Double Unlock Pulse" by setting the Menu 1 Feature 5 to Option 2. You can test the Vipers Unlock output (while R/S running) using the DMM and the same setup ( Black Lead to Pink wire). You will see the DMM go to +12V for about .6 seconds and then again for another .6 seconds.
That should do it.
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
100% working unlock and all now. Again I can't begin to tell you how much help you have been through all of this. Hopefully one day I can pay you back don't
Somehow my friend.I just ordered the other set up you mentioned from eBay to do my daughter's car. Are the set up instructions for it on idatalink website or do you have a better set of them like you walked me through here?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic