the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start Wiring, 2008 Toyota Prius

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dacker 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
And to answer your initial question yes that is the way it was hooked up. Initially I don't think I had a good connection somewhere with the diode add in.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2024 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The EBay seller should have flashed the Blade-TB cartridge with the latest version of ADS-TB TL firmware. The current Install Guide is #77702. Follow the Type 4 diagram. Here is a link to the install guide : https://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/TB-TL/BLADE-TB-TL-EN_20211111.pdf
Remember that the guide is somewhat generic with regards to the R/S controller. There will be several wires that need to be connected from the R/S to the vehicle but are not shown. These include the 2 thick Red fused +12V power input wires, the Black Chassis Ground wire, the Parking Lights, the 2 lock wires, the Hood Pin and optional Horn. Overall, this install will be very similar to the previous one. As noted, you will need 2 relays and 3 1N4001 diodes.
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2024 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Ok I ordered this unit for my daughter's car. Hooked everything up according to the diagram (same as the one you posted) I also hooked both 12v fused constants up red and red/white and the black ground from the CN1 harness. I have ground while running wire hooked to the CN3 (gray) #4 black wire And this thing will do absolutely nothing. I even put a test light on the blue unlock (negative) signal wire to see if it was even giving any type signal and it wasn't. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here. I did do the reset procedure (pull cartridge out hold button down while reinstalling cartridge then let the button go) and I hope I didn't screw something up. When I do that the led will just blink about every 3 seconds with still no kind of response from the unit otherwise. Only other thing that puzzled me was I did blow the brake light fuse 2 times and I'm not sure how that happened but I chalked it up to be grounding something out moving wires around or whatever. I guess my biggest question is there other wires that should be hooked up besides the one on the diagram, and the 3 others I mentioned to make the RS at least have some type of response. I realize I need to hook the lights, locks, horn etc up for them to function but in my mind the actual start part of it should be working at this point unless another wire needs to be hooked up that I'm missing. Thanks in advance for you help.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK, CM925 with Blade-TB flashed with the ADS Blade TL firmware. Using the #77702 Install Guide and its' Type 4 wiring diagram.
With blowing the vehicles' Brake fuse, you definitely want to check the relay and wiring. Brake pedal connector Pin 2 should be Black and show +12V. Brake pedal connector Pin 1 should be Blue and show +12V when the pedal is depressed.
If the wires are soldered and insulated, moving thigs around shouldn't blow fuses.
A factory reset won't hurt anything. Did the Blade TB program correctly? If not check the Blade wiring and the thick Green IGN1 w/diode wiring.
Wring below :
CM900-s
CN1
Pin 1 Red - Constant 12V .........................................joined with Red/White, fused down & to 12V Constant source
Pin 2 Green/White - Programmable Output.............BROWN   @ FUSE BOX, TOP LEFT CONN., PIN 10
Pin 3 Red/White - Constant 12V................................joined with Red, fused down & to 12V Constant source
Pin 4 White - Accessory 12V positive (+).................Not Used
Pin 5 Blue - Programmable Output...........................Not Used
Pin 6 Yellow - Starter 12V positive (+)......................Not Used
Pin 7 Green - Ignition 12V positive (+).....................As per diagram w/1N4001 diode
Pin 8 Black - Ground negative (-) input....................Chassis Ground with Blade connector White wire
CN3
Pin 1 Green/White - (fixed) Parking light (-) output............................................Not Used
Pin 2 Blue/Lt. Green - [POC 2] Lock 250mA, 800mS (-) output.......................BLUE (-)   @ DKP, BLUE CONN., PIN 14
Pin 3 Blue - [POC 3] Unlock 250mA, 800mS (-) negative output.....................PINK (-)   @ DKP, BLUE CONN., PIN 13
Pin 4 Black - [POC 4] (GWR) 250mA latched (-) output...................................As per Type 4 diagram w/1N4001 diodes and relay
Pin 5 Orange - [POC 5] Factory Alarm Arm (FAA) (-) output............................Not Used
Pin 6 Orange/White - [POC 6] Factory Alarm Disarm, 800mS (-) output........Not Used
Pin 7 White - [POC 7] Horn:250mA negative (-) output.....................................ORANGE (-)   AT STEERING COLUMN (optional)
Pin 8 Gray/Black - Hood Pin negative (-) input...................................................to kit supplied Hood Pin
Pin 9 Light Blue/White - Brake 12V positive (+) input........................................As per Type 4 diagram
Pin 10 RED/White - Trigger start (-) input........................................................... Not Used             
Pin 11 RED - Positive Trigger (+) input.................................................................Not Used
Pin 12 Yellow/Black - Engine sensing input (A/C)...............................................Not Used
Blade 20 Pin connector as per diagram.
Connect CM900 antenna harness and antenna.
At this point the Compustar remotes should work the car locks.
Questions :
1. With everything connected, do the Parking Lights flash with a Lock or Unlock from the Compustar remotes? *
1a. If NO, do you hear any clicking from the CM900 controller? **
2. Did the Blade cartridge program properly as per the Type 4 programming on Page 23? **
3. Do the Brake lights come on with a R/S attempt?
* check antenna connection and for blue LED flash on remotes
** check CM900 power and ground connections.
** check Blade connector wiring
You might have to program CM900 Menu 2, Feature 10 to Option 4 for a Hybred install.
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Sorry I forgot to link the unit. Here you go.
https://www./itm/334289133079?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=VdmfqXDXTI-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=i1OBUVAsRju&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
And just saw your reply. I will do all that today and let you know. Thanks
kreg357 
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did the seller include anything concerning the Blade-TB firmware flash?
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Just this email is there something else specific I can look for? Remote Start Wiring, 2008 Toyota Prius - Page 3 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not really, just wanted confirmation that the cartridge was flashed with the correct firmware and they made reference to the proper install guide to use.
Just making sure we are looking/using the same Blade-TB-TL install guide. A little confusing as they say "Blade-AL" instead of Blade-TB but no big issue as the module only handles the R/S and transponder bypass but no convenience features.
Any issues found?
Soldering is fun!
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2024 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Just this email is there something else specific I can look for? Remote Start Wiring, 2008 Toyota Prius - Page 3 -- posted image.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic