icon

2004 Saturn Vue, DEI 554R

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kev. 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a 554R into my Saturn Vue and noticed the doors don't lock when I arm the system. they don't even lock using the switches on the doors. Does anybody have any ideas why? And yes...I did check the fue box.
Kev.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
how did u wire them up???
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
D.Russell 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Kev. wrote:
This is the last wire I need to hook up now. Please, if anybody has any idea where to hook it up at, please let me know.

Just run it to the Odd Color ( of the Six Fuel Injector Connectors). Each connector has 2 wires running to it. One wire will

be the same color on all six. Use the Odd Color from just one of them. That should work for your tach signal .

Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Actually each connector has 3 wires going to it.
Kev.
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Easy, I used Type A from Document 1041. I connected the green wire (H4/A) from the 554R to the (+ power unlock output) ORANGE / black of the BCM.
I also connected the blue wire (H4/C) from the 554R to the (+ power lock output) RED / black of the BCM.
To make sure I had a type A system I disconnected the plug going to the door lock switch and ran a jumper from the 12v constant pin to the unlock pin. All doors unlocked so this means its type A right? The reason I chose to pull the plug and not cut the lock wire was because there was no room to get some crimpers to the cut wire once I was done. So I figured it would be the same if I just pulled the connector and used a jumper.
Kev.
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
some times its the same, however not always....
not sure what yr car you have. here is the info that i have:
2002:
Power Lock RED / BLK PIN A7 AT BCM OR BOOT FROM DOOR #201
Power Unlock ORG/BLK PIN A8 AT BCM OR BOOT FROM DOOR
* BCM Is Located On center Console Pass Side. #201 See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
2003:
Power Lock RED / BLACK GRAY 16 PIN PLUG #202
Power Unlock ORANGE / BLACK AT BCM*
* The BCM Is In The Center Of The Dash Behind The Pocket. #202 See Positive Pulse Door Lock Digram
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I have a 2004 (3.5 liter V-6) Saturn Vue.
Kev.
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
it may be the same as the 2003 info
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Kev. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
The three wires going to each coil had two wires that were the same color throughout all six coils. The first is WHITE/ green which read 0vac, the second was black which read .2vac, and the third on all of them was a different color and had nearly 30vac. The book for the alarm (DEI 554R) said the tach wire should read 1-6vac. Shouldn't there be a control module these things go to? The wires dissapear in a loom that I am unable to track down. I was wondering if the injector wires went to the BCM? If so...what colors/pin#'s are they? nfortunately I cannot reach the injectors from on top of the motor, the intake completely covers them. Besides, I would like to run as few wires as possible through the firewall.
The motor in my Vue is the same V-6 that is used in the Honda Odesy, the Pilot (I believe), and the Acura MDX. If you have ever worked on these, then you would know what I'm talking about (injectors are burried in the motor).
Kev.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

The lock is org/black in the middle of the dash behind the pocket to unlock just the driver door use a lt. green (+) wire in pin A2, gray 16 pin plug at BCM.

the unlock is RED / black on these cars as well. See if you can use your switch to lock and unlock the car.

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic