2006 300c alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

there is no key sense wire, however there is a resistance that appears across the PURPLE / brown and PURPLE / orange? when a key is inserted into the cylinder.  it is between 7.5K and 8K ohms. hope this helps

mark

mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure, Im just trying to get it out of security lock. I can turn the key, and it powers the accessories, but won't crank, accessories stay on for 10 seconds, then die.
mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible that I erased both key fobs? If so, would i have to get the car towed to the dealership to have them reporgrammed? I put the key in, try to start the car, and it won't crank, the accessories power on, for 10 seconds then die, while the security light blinks. This all happened after putting in a remote start, 561r, and a 556cw bypass, into a 300c
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

Good luck going to the Dealer. The 556C does not work for the newer Chrylsers (that I know of, Ram & Caravans). Some people say the do, I have done a 05 Ram,05 Caravan and a 06 Caravan w/ no luck.

I had the exact same problem w/ a 06 Caravan. I ended up screwing up the transponder data in the computer and required two days at the dealer to get fixed, NOT covered under warranty since the issue was related to user intervention, however the dealer only charged for the time of encoding the keys. I was so embarressed I did not want to fight it, I paid the $190.00 and learned a hard lesson.

The 556U worked fine. The last year I have succesfully used a 556c was in 04 Chryslers.

The delear told me that since I was tring to get the unit (556c) to work after so many attempts the transponder system simply corrupted and the vehicle would not recognize the keys. It seemed as if I wiped the encoding off them.
I know that the dealers should not charge, but once they see the R/S installed they clam up, apparently they have huge issues w/ this and are tired of dealing w/ it.
Good luck and I would highly suggest getting another key and use the 556u (556uw, same thing).

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic