icon

2006 300c alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Unless your r/s has built in relays (Most don't) you must use a relay to provide a solid ground through a resistor to activate the locks. Transistorized outputs which most r/s use, add resistence into the circuit. Try disconnecting the lock/unlock wires from your r/s and drive the car. If the problem goes away you have found your problem. Chrysler vehicles are very picky and weird problems arise when relays aren't used. I have seen this too many times and adding relays always works.
sparky
mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome, thanks. Does anyone know how to hook up the relay? Which wire goes where? thanks
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Terminal #86 of each relay to a fused source of 12 volt battery power. Terminal #30 of each relay to a good ground. Terminal #85 of the lock relay to the lock output from the remote starter. Terminal #87 of the lock relay through a 340 ohm resistor and then to the PURPLE / green door lock/unlock wire in the car. Terminal # 85 of the unlock relay to the unlock output of the remote starter. Terminal #87 of the unlock relay through a 100 ohm resistor and then to the PURPLE / green door lock wire.
sparky
bhurlebaus 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
i know it is a little late now but a chdL7-pk2 from bypasskit.com does eveything. door locks trunk 2nd start 2 acc and you dont loose a key. just a thought for next time.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
bhurlebaus,
I found it, but don't you have to be a dealer to order one?
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

He's not talking about doing lock and unlock with an aftermarket remote.  He's talking about triggering the aftermarket RS with the FACTORY remote and you can set the start to activate a start sequence when it sees three consecutive lock pulses.  At least that's what I gathered from his original post.  I've did this several times in the past but don't do it anymore b/c of all the modules available.  But I just usually tapped into the actual lock motor wire and triggered a relay to convert to negative pulses into the RS brain and it always worked flawlessly.  Unless it was a car that switched ground for the lock and unlock and then you can just tap into the lock and go directly into your RS brain.  But with the Chrysler product having single wire doorlock w/ resistors the actual lock motor wire w/ relay would be the only way.  Now it's hard to tell what wire he tapped into and what RS he's using but with a little more info we could probably solve his problem. 

TechHead
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
ds, thanks for the response. The RS is a Valet 561T. I tapped into the lt green lock motor wire in the kick panel. I tested the wire, and whenever the locks was triggered it sent a + pulse. I used the WHITE/ red (+)activation input from the rs to tap into the lock motor wire.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished the RS on a 2006 300c, Now the key will not work in the ignition. It's like the got reprogrammed or something. I put in a 556CW, so I had to use both keys to program the bypass. Now I turn either key to run, and accessories come on for about 10 seconds, then everything shuts off, while the accessories are on, the Security light blinks. Any ideas?
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
I am still stumped on this. I went out this morning, still won't start, just accessories power up for 10 seconds, then it dies, you have to hit unlock on the remote, then it will go back into accessory turning on, but won't start.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think there is, but has anyone found a keysense wire on a 2006 Chrysler 300C
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic