icon

2006 Liberty, 555cw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ralph69 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a 2006 Liberty that just won't work with this 555cw module. I have a Designtech 40027 WITHOUT the wait to start, which I believe I need. In theory, I THINK that when you enter "learning" mode after putting in the 2 different ignition keys, you initialize the autostart to start, but during wait to start it keeps the ignition engergized for good period of time "without" the key and the new transponder from the bypass module next to the ignition to "learn" the 3rd code. Am I correct? If so, how can I make the bypass module work without a wait to start feature...a little confused:( Thanks for any input guys.
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Is this a diesel?
Tacomacrew
ralph69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
NO, I'm trying to program the bypass, and this is what it wants from the unit after the two factory keys put it in learning mode.
ralph69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone/? what if I make ignition 1, 2 and acc. hot, and disconnect starter wire? anyone have this?
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

all you need to do is ground the ignition wire that is what the wait to start does

when the instructions say to hold the wait to start wire to the igntion all you need to do is substitute a ground wire and connect that to the ignition wire it keeps the unit from starting allowing the 555c to program

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
ralph69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
So your saying pull off Ignition 1, and put a ground wire to the the unit, and the unit will see a ground and keep the accessories hot for the programming?
mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
  I would like to know if this works because i can never get the 555cw to work on liberties or grand cherokees.
ralph69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
shaip99 wrote:

all you need to do is ground the ignition wire that is what the wait to start does

when the instructions say to hold the wait to start wire to the igntion all you need to do is substitute a ground wire and connect that to the ignition wire it keeps the unit from starting allowing the 555c to program

The Saga continues: I called Designtech today. Grounding the ignition won't keep the accessory wire powered up for programing, they said run +12v to the ignition & accessory(why both???) to keep it powered up for programming, exactly the opposite of what you say...This is a Christmas present for the wife, she works till 10 on Thursday, and that's my last chance to finish this!!! They also said 555cw has the wrong transponder for 2006 and to buy a 556cw. My other question is I have 2 accessory wires and I figure I only need one for the heater...in using one the wipers won't have the opportunity to kick on with a foot of snow on the windshield if they are on the other Accessory, can anyone confirm this? Does anyone else have any other input, I'm using a relay and 970ohm resistor to ground to make up the (-) parking light wire, and the rest is textbook.
Thanks for the input guys..:)
mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  

Usually tech sheets list the acc that will kick on the heaters as the first acc.  At least all the ones ive seen have been that way.

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
Get the 556CW for the 2006 because the 555C is for 2002-2004 Libertys, then try using this process to program.
https://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/555C_Alternate%20procedure.pdf
Use both Yellow/Pink wires, use the accesory output wire on the wire that powers the blower circuit. Use the 2nd ignition output on the other Yellow/Pink. Otherwise you won't have AC compressor power for cooling in the summer.
Steve G
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic