icon

2005 dodge ram abs, airbag light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wwizard 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
installed an autostart last year and customer has called and said that the abs light and airbag light randomly turn on very quick and buzzer chimes then just as quickly goes out...i have unplugged bypass which is xk531 I believe and still does it I changed the autostart itself with new module... could the lights and unit not be related?or did I do somethign wrong?
wwizard 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
my bad ment 2005
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
I have had dodge trucks do funky things before. Did you isolate the mux wire with a relay? That seemed to clear up the cruise and temp ind. issues I had. Not so sure about the air bag thing. Maybe when the wiring harness was taped up, it's putting undue strain on those wires. Doubt it, but maybe.
wwizard 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to scan it when it comes in apperently theres lots of issues like abs speed senors that go wrong and thats what causes these issues ill keep you posted i believe the remote has nothing to do with it but wanna make sure before sending him to dealership
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

This truck has 3 ign. wires that are the same color, but one is smaller. You need to use the smaller one, or this will trigger the ABS light.

Check the connections at the ign. harness.   The second ign. should be triggered with ground while running (so it comes on BEFORE the first ign. This "can" cause your airbag light)

This wire is next to the red power wire in the corner of the plug.

Nate_Dogg 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Also,if run an LED security lamp near the cluster,it'll induce a curent,causing cluster probs.Your bypass could be causing back feed to the cluster as well.
Chrysler Tech.
Clarion dealer
Black Widow,Ungo alarms.
General electrical
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Nate_Dogg wrote:
Also,if run an LED security lamp near the cluster,it'll induce a curent,causing cluster probs.Your bypass could be causing back feed to the cluster as well.

LED mounted near the cluster causing feedback tripping an ABS light? How so? I've never heard this one before. The light has to be activated by the BCM/ECM it won't just turn on because an LED is mounted near it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic