icon

2007 nissan altima remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to attempt doing a remote start in a 2007 Nissan Altima w/Intelli-key. I've read all I could find here on The12Volt, but does anyone have exact, detailed info on doing this car. I will be installing an Audiovox Prestige APS-57 & trying to do it without a bypass module. Thank You in advance. 
Good Enough Isn't!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
advanced wrote:
trying to do it without a bypass module.
You NEED a module, whether it is one that integrates to the entire vehicle or one that just bypasses the transponder you need a bypass for the transponder at the very least.
Here a couple of links provided by Bypasskit.com showing some of options they offer:
Option 1
Option 2
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
if u want the car to start, then bypass is needed. I would use the links that twelvolts showed for bypasskits, or u can go the idatlink route. both reliable.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have been asked to quote one of these, I was looking at the xk07 route.

How well does this work and how long does it take.....

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
the xko7 will do the transponder bypass. and the bypass can be done through the can bus system. As for quality, the bypasskits are solid units and very dependable. As for install time, the new 07 altima uses the push button, so wiring and hunting for your wires will be about 1 - 2 hours, depending on how efficiant you work. On a new car, i suggest you take your time with it.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
I would highly advise taking a different route than just the XK07 and the diagram they provide. I really don't have a suggestion on what to use, but I would not use the XK07 and their diagram. Keep looking..
advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

I am taking all suggestions. I'm reading everything I can about the car & the few bypasses available. Originally I was going to use one of the customers remotes, or have him get an extra & build my own transponder bypass. Now I'm feeling it might be easier to get a bypass such as the XK07, even though it will add to the cost.

I've done hundreds of remote starts, but this will be my first "Smart Key" installation.

Good Enough Isn't!
tedmond 
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

If you want something to do everything for the altima, Try the iDataLink systems or Fortin CAN-SL2. Fortin and iDataLink are sure real time savers with simple wire hookup and it controls factory alarm, locks, trunk/pin monitor etc.

Fortin CAN-SL2

https://ifar.ca/en/products/all_products/can-sl2/

iDataLink

http://www.idatalink.com/product/result_page.asp?mod=srchv&make=Nissan&model=Altima&year=2007&carid=4730

tell ur customer to spend now to save you and him time and cost.

advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I finally did the car the other day, & it worked out fine. I used the XK07 module, even though the Fortin or Idatalink, looked easier to install. I simply had easy access to the XK07. I followed the wiring in the directions, & it took a long time(all day), but everything worked in the end. The next one I do will go much smoother.

The only issue I had was that the "key" light remains on, but only if you remote start the car & then take over with the factory transmitter in the car. I called BypassKit tech support & they explained that it is a "known" issue & they are working on a software upgrade. Customer is OK with it & so am I. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Good Enough Isn't!
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah the fortin and Idata modules don't have this key light issue. You cut the wire and run it thru the module and it takes care of it.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic