2007 nissan altima remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
advanced wrote:

Sorry, I was away on vacation last week & couldn't respond to the post.I used an XK07 with version 3.01 firmware. Maybe I got lucky. The unit works fine so far.Chris Lungo really knows his stuff & I trust his opinions. So I would take his advice.

And I strongly agree with Chris that it's helpful to read all three manufacturers' installation manuals, regardless of which module you'll be using. I made some small changes to XK07 instructions, such as where to tap into parking lights. You want to become as familiar as possible with the car. And always test wires & always use common sense.

i have a question when you do a key takeover you hit the start button twice and the press the brake ? do you give it a couple of seconds or you just drive off right away? the costumer really hates the fact that the car shuts off with the door but i rather be safe than sorry.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
dtk1,
Typically, the user would:
1. Unlock the car, get in, sit down.
2. Press the pushbutton twice (not really fast).
On the first press, you can hear the steering wheel unlock.
On the second press, The tire-pressure light flashes four times, and if your seatbelt isn't yet fastened, the seatbelt beeper will come on.
3. Press brake, shift into gear, drive away.
However, as stated in my previous post, this procedure doesn't work with the XK07, and Trilogix is still in hiding.
On the www.directechs.com forum, on 3/12/2008, I brought this to the attention of Frederic Daoust from Trilogix. He hasn't responded.
Advanced, I know you said you had no problems. Did you full arm the factory alarm before trying the remote start?
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Chris, I did not. I'll try to meet with the car soon & I will fully arm the factory alarm, before I try the remote start. I will let you know what happens. I did speak with the customer today & she said everything was perfect. But I want to try what you said.
Good Enough Isn't!
hurban30 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if the 4.00 firmware resolved the issue?
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic