icon

2008 pathfinder doorlock wires?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikesloud 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

I have exhausted myself trying to test all wires , no luck.  not same as 07 wires , found light and others with multimeter.

every source was wrong.and every one is at ces. i found the right bcm and two wires i found drop voltage, blue and purple , but hooked up direct and does nothing.  does it need a relay for stronger neg.pulse?  I want to make sure these are it, do not want to fry a 08 bcm!  would like all the right wires if possible.

please any info apreciated.

Never think you are done !
there is always more work!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

Power Unlock - Light Green (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR Pin # 46

Power Lock - Violet (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR Pin # 45

mikesloud 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
are you 100% sure?  I cant find the green,  and is it 100% neg.  ?   i do not want to fry a 08 bcm
mdbetts 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
You must go into the door for locks. Cannot be found anywhere else, changed in 07, Blue and WHITE/ red I think. Meter the door lock cylinder to test. Single pulse on unlock will disarm alarm double will unlock doors. Single pulse on lock will arm factory alarm.
cant hold me!
mikesloud 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
when you say pin #45 or 46  , there is not even that many pins,   there is one connector that has 40pins , the other two plugs on bcm one is 12 pins other is 10.   i  found many of same colors and tested with multimeter,  none repondlooking for neg. 12volts   autopage wiremagic for 08 says light blue and  grey. that does not work,  i am so frustrated,  been probongand testing with multimeter for 2 hours,  alot of these wires that are same color rest at 12volts and trying to be safe , we fried a 2006 escape bcm by plugging in alarm wires that shot neg. out to a 12volt wire.         please if someone hasdone for sure a 08 pathfinder ,  what exactly did you use.
mikesloud 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
i checked for wires in doors none worked.   please help, we already blew some fuses for abs and trac.  attempting these colors ,  because we have so many different wires to check  from different diagrams none work, none show neg.voltage changes. i cannot understand how this vehicle is so hard!  i have done some newer maxima's , with databus with no problems.  so frustrating.  2008  new pathfinder. 
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

sorry about that. the info is correct actaull but just typed wrong abouthe the pin.

Power Unlock - Light Green (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR

Power Lock - Violet (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR

OR

Power Unlock - White (-) PIN #46 - THIS WIRE CAN BE FOUND AS WHITE (-) IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS ALSO.

power Lock - Light Green (-) Pin PIN #45 -  THIS WIRE CAN BE FOUND AS LIGHT GREEN (-) IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS ALSO.

audiovox llists the info.

mikesloud 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
yes , I found the one in both locsations , at bcm  there is 2 purples and 5  lt greens,   how do you know which is  which? i tried testing with multimeter both for pos. and neg. change and they all sit at 12 volts , all of the choices drop to 11.8 when activating door locks, so I do not know which are the right ones.      does any one have pics or  diagram ?  i tried the ones in kick as well , i am getting output of alarm but i cant get them to work. 
tedmond 
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

if i remeber correctly, door locks on altimas must be tested from the passenger side. not drivers. well your testing for the wires is correct but i dont have wiremagic or astrocharts, so i cant really help. Try to PM velocity, he should be able to assist you.

tedmond 
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

maybe goin to the switch will work.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic