remote start crank only viper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
another-kelly wrote:
did you connect the two red wires and the RED / white from the relay satellite pack to +12V constant?
WELL??
KPierson wrote:
Viper alarms have full warranties, take it back and get one that works right.
only if sold AND installed by an authorized DEI dealer. joe schmoe gets no warranty if he does it on his own
jonb2 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
I connected both red wires from the relay satellite pack to +12V but did not connect the RED / white wire as I thought that was optional if needed to power something else. Should I connect the RED / white?
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
connect the RED / white and you should be good to go. it's not optional anymore, they just forgot to mention that
vutekho 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

another-kelly wrote:
connect the RED / white and you should be good to go. it's not optional anymore, they just forgot to mention that

That is correct. The RED / white 12V wire provides power for the 2nd ignition output. If you have a car that does not have a 2nd ignition, THAN, the wire is optional or not used. Goodluck

jonb2 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well after all that work you are correct!...the RED / white wire is REQUIRED as I have 2nd ignition wire (gee all it says is optional in the manual so what else is new). Some of these installation instructions suck--there is no substitute for experience I guess.
Connected the RED / white as instructed to +12v this morning and everything came alive as it should--gauges, climate, everything on remote start. So now I have all the ignition wires connected, the accessory wire connected, and the power wires connected all to the right places. Soldered all these connections and wrapped...
I sure hope this is the end...and thank you all again for the great support and advice.
Jon
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic