icon

remote start crank only viper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonb2 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I'm really stumped now! remote start crank only viper - Page 2 -- posted image.

Just went out to test the system again. The vehicle remote starts fine but the climate control, digital odometer, speedo, fuel gauge, in fact all gauges do not work almost like there is no power to them. Then, I put key in ignition, turn to on position and now everything works...turn key off and take out key...remote start is still going but all the gauges and blower turn off again.

When u remote start, are all the dash gauges supposed to turn on automatically and stay on just as if you had used the key and turned to on position? Help please.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

What it sounds like to me is you may have a bad ignition 2 output from the R/S...most Toyotas I've seen power the blower, gauges, etc. off of an ignition and not an accessory circuit.  Meter the ignition 2 where the heavy gauge wire plugs in and see if it shows 12v+ with the remote start running.

Also I'm not familiar with every new Viper product, but does your manual say anything about the wire being programmable for ignition, accessory, or start?

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply Chris..I will check out the ign2 wire voltage when I get home. Would the remote start still function if the ign2 wire was bad?

The manual allows the ign2 wire to function as ignition or accessory. Default is set for ignition. As a test I switched it over to accessory mode but it made no difference if that means anything.

ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
you powered the wrong acc wire , in prev post you said radio came on, radio not required for rs double check your acc wire.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

It is very possible that the remote start would still function if one of the outputs was bad.

This is most likely why things changed when you swapped the ignition wires - again, there is NO difference between ignition one and igntion two - they both get voltage at the exact same time in a remote start system, so swapping ign1 with ign2 should NOT change anything.  If it does, you most likely have a bad output or a wrong wire.

Kevin Pierson
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
did you connect both red and the RED / white from the relay satellite pack to +12V constant?
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kevin. I will try to test the wires tonite when I get home. If one of the ignition wires is bad on the remote start, can I just connect the good ignition wire to both the Ign1 and Ign2 on the vehicle?
KPierson 
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

No, you can not connect one output to two seperate ignition feeds.

If the alarm has a programmable 3rd ignition output or some something like that, use that.  If it doesn't, you can use the one good relay to trigger two new relays (one to each ign wire). 

Kevin Pierson
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. Well I tested the 2nd ign wire on the remote start and it does NOT read any voltage under remote start. Because of that it's not supply anything to the wire that controls the blower, a/c, gauges, etc. I think this is the problem as has been pointed out. I don't know why this happened but I believe that's the problem.
As an idea...what about connecting the orange accessory wire from the remote start to the 2nd ign wire at the ignition switch (assuming the accessory wire works!)? Would that solve the problem and supply voltage under remote start?
thanks,Jon
KPierson 
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't recomend that - you will still need an accessory wire.  It seems like it would work though, but I would do it right.

Viper alarms have full warranties, take it back and get one that works right.

Kevin Pierson
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic