icon

04 chevy trailblazer dome delay problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jslayton 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a wire that I can connect to that will just be hot if a door is open, and not if it isn't?? I can't find one and the dome delay is causing problems with my remote start install.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
All Door Trigger GRAY/BLACK (+)     AT UNDER DASH LIGHT
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
There is no under dash light on the 2004 trailblazer
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

GRAY/BLACK at the courtesy light under the dash or the light over the driver's side door to catch all doors and the rear hatch. The seperate doorpins are: GRAY/BLACK-driver's door (located in driver's door), BLACK/ WHITE-passenger door (located in passenger door), LT.BLUE/BLACK-left rear door, LT.GREEN/ BLACK-right rear door (both found at the fusebox under the rear seat on the driver's side. All wires are negative (-) polarity.

Just a tip.....try to keep all your posts on one thread...it makes it easier for people to help you.

jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
So I'm going to have to run a wire to each door??
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
anyone??
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  

If the gray/black dome light (+) wire is causing problems for you then the only way around it is to either connect individual door triggers (as mentioned above LF, RF are at the door module(the switch with locks/windows/mirrors)), or to use a data interface module such as Bypasskit's GMDL-BP which will give you a (-) door trigger output that is active when the LF door, RF door, rear hatch, or hatch glass is opened.  With the GMDL-BP you would still have to connect to the rear door wires, but it would save you from wiring inside 3 doors. 

What are you installing that you're having problems with? You didn't mention if it was just a remote start or an RS/Alarm combo unit.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
It is a remote start/alarm combo. I am using the GMDL BP, but the door trigger output is always showing ground and won't change. Does that work for this model?
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I have connected the door trigger on the rs/alarm to the pink/white from the GMDLBP, then connected the pink on the GMDLBP to the domelight, and the same thing happens. When the door is closed and the alarm is set, it will work fine until the domelights dim out, then it sets off the alarm.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

Are you using the (-) door trigger input of the alarm....almost sounds like you are using a (+) input.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic