icon

solo x 12 or fi btl 12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ndogg07 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
I can get either one for the pretty much the same price so money doesnt matter here. Powered by a Kicker ZX2500.1 and in a properly built and tuned box. Will be a daily driver set up but i do want it to hit hard with some SQ. Will be in the trunk of a 2000 chrysler 300M btw. So which one would you pick?
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

I'd take the fi - if just because it is a much better *looking* sub.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
ndogg07 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i agree that look better but im not really concerned with looks as much as which one gets louder. Well that and how well they hold up. I hear the solo x isnt too reliable for daily use, havent heard much either way with the Fi. I can get the replacement for the solo x pretty cheap so i like that but seeing and reading bout the Fi BTLs they seem nasty. so idk
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

yea fi gear looks nasty as hell - can't say I've heard or seen them in action tho solo x 12 or fi btl 12 -- posted image.

I mean - I think Kicker is a sub-par brand, catering to the bling-teen-bling crowd - better gear can be had for the money.

But - the Kicker has substantially more cone area - being a stupid looking square sub and all - so it would be louder per watt.

I'd still get the fi.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Fi.
I've heard some kicker and fi. Fi sounds great and pounds ass. get it.
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
jburt09 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
I would personally go with Fi.I haven't heard a whole lot of their stuff but I've never been much of a fan of Kicker's square speakers.A lot of people buy them and like them, but the more experienced people in the business tend to say they lack efficiency for this reason:How do you take a round voice coil and match it up to a square cone?Back to the main subject though Fi Audio has some nice stuff and would be my pick.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
The kicker plays one note, thats it, no music, it's a spl only sub, it was designed to get loud and sound bad while doing so. The Fi is basically Resonant Engineering before it turned gay, I believe the main designer guy from RE started his own company now called FI audio..
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Conclusion: BTL baby.
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

i beg to differ... i work at a shop that is a kicker dealer.. and the solo x is suprisinly musical when in the rite box..... that sub can reproduce some of the deepest, hardest hitting bass u will ever hear... i am not familiar with the other sub... but one thing i can tell u in this... don't sleep on the power of the all heralded square... many other companies fear that woofer... after all mtx has one now....lol

another thing is this.... alotta people blow that sub for lack of power.... make sure u have that 2500.1 powered correctly and remember... that sub can handle twice that amount of power!!!!!!!!!!

there can be only one.......
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
people don't blow subs with too little power
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic